Chapter 11 // Three Years

A/N

I've got a feeling that within a day or so of uploading this I'll hit 500 reads, so I'll say this now: thank you for 500 reads!

Triggers:

- Swearing
- Slight Bullying

-

Fuck, it's so cold out tonight.

Tell me about it.

You're literally inside of me, how are.you freezing?

Erika stayed silent while I just shivered. I wrapped my arms around myself as I walked further to the park.

I could see the gates ahead of me, wrought iron railings either side. They were open: the lock was gone so they could never be fully closed.

Moving faster to the archway, I wanted to reach the safety of the benches soon.

Upon entering, however, I wanted to run away as fast as possible.

As much as I wanted to, I couldn't. It was already too late.

A few metres away from me stood the trio: Beanie Boy, the one with the baseball cap and the soft brunette. Immediately, their eyes swivelled over to me.

They all went silent, stopping the apparent argument they were having.

"Well, look who it is;" the cap boy said. "Wandering around late at night? Must be stupid."

I took a cautious step back, as the other approached. The brunette looked like he wanted to stop him, but didn't.

"Have you found love yet? Or are you as lonely as -"

"Enough!" Everyone stood still, shocked at the sudden outburst from timid Beanie Boy.

"Sapnap, you've got to stop this," Beanie Boy addresses the one in the cap, who was apparently called "Sapnap".

Interesting name.

You literally go by Tubbo.

At least it's a derivative of my own name.

You make a point.

"What now, Quackity?" Sapnap answered back.

"I said, enough!"

"Why do you care so much about this whole relationship talk?" The one in the cap asked. It was a very good question.

"Who do you care so much about his love life?" another fair question asked.

"Look," Quackity continued. "It's a lot harder than you think to get your crush to reciprocate your love. If he had one, it wouldn't be easy to confess or to date them. So leave him alone."

"And how would you know that, Beanie?" Sapnap said with a quizzical quirk to his eyebrow.

"Because.. because I have a crush, and he doesn't feel the same." He looked downcast , fists clenched as he had a staring competition with a blade of grass.

"Oh yeah? Who? I bet it's a tree, or some lady at a diner who's paid to be nice go you."

Quackity looked up slowly, took a deep breath and gazed right into the soft brunette's eyes.

"It's Karl."

-

I was out of there as soon as possible, tearing down a road as another argument broke out among the three. It could get ugly, and I didn't want to be there when that happened.