Chapter 7 // Obsidian

A/N

Thanks for 200 reads. Love you all, and I really appreciate it :)

Content Warning:
- Swearing
- Slight Anxiety
- Platonic Skinship

-

Oh.

This boy... He was here to... He was the one the principle was talking about.

Great, I am getting really sick of their actions.

I ignored the tall one, and instead focused on the sea glass.

"Is that Obsidian? That's so cool! That's like my favourite rock-" I turned to look at him, to give him a look to shut him up. However, Ranboo just seemed unfazed as he reached under the collar of his shirt.

He pulled out a chain, with the very same type of sea glass on it.

"See! I also have one!" He said excitedly, which made me feel kind of bad that I had been mean to him.

Kind of.

Okay, I'll bite.

"Why is it your favourite?" I questioned, hoping that I looked somewhat intrigued. I wasn't.

"Oh, it just calms me. I find that whenever I panic, I fiddle with it and it helps me breathe." Ranboo answered proudly, but softly, like he had just released something really important to him.

"Oh, that's interesting I guess..." His face fell, and now I really felt bad.

Oh, you're such a push over.

Shut up.

"Hey, I really like bees... I think they comfort me as well," I tried my best to give a genuine smile - I think it semi worked - before looking back to my own Obsidian.

"Wait really?" Ranboo had seemingly perked right back up, now invested in this new conversation.

"Yeah... I find their peaceful life quite desirable, and I quite like the soft humming sound they make..." I felt my face grow rather red, how embarrassing.

You think that's embarrassing? I also feel it.

Yeah, but no one knows you exist; there's a difference.

Okay, first of all: ouch. Second, I still feel your emotions, so don't go acting all flustered over some fucking yellow and black bug. It's uncomfortable.

Yeah yeah.

"What's your favourite flower?" Ranboo asked, holding his Obsidian as he spoke. Was he nervous asking?

"Its.. Its a sunflower-" I turned my head away, resting my head on my palm as I gazed out the window.

But then, I felt a finger on my chin as he tilted it back to face him. Not going to lie, I was left rather speechless. Am I really that touched starved? Fucking god, maybe I do need friends.

Yes, literally. My life feels so numb without the warmth of another human being: only the heat from hell can thaw my frozen heart.

And once more I ignored them, which made xe stop - sort of. They just sounded like they were entering a cave as xir continued to ramble.

"I quite like Alliums: I love the colour, I think they match with my eyes somewhat." Ranboo booped my nose, which swiftly brought me back to reality, and his words sunk in.

God, he was getting comfortable quick.

I looked closer at his eyes, a bluish grey with a slight tint of purple - I could actually imagine how a lilac flower in his hair could make the irises pop marvellousley.

For the first time in what felt like forever, I genuinely smiled.

"You know, Ranboo... I think we might make a pair of really good friends."

Then the teacher recalled attention to the front of the class.

"Okay everyone, for today's lesson we will be focusing on the stages of drug testing. Can you please pull out your notebooks and write today's date..."

-

After an hour of snuck glances and quick smiles, and lots and lots of writing, Biology was finally over.

I stood up and began to pack away, getting ready for a break full of silence. Ranboo was doing the same, except he was being bombarded with questions from our class mates, requests and invitations for him to join them and compliments on his eyes or his voice. Let's be real, they only took interest because he was new and now a trophy to show off. And of course, they were ignoring me: rather obviously as well.

Fucking people.

I rolled my eyes and had begun to walk out the door, when I felt an arm yank me to the side.

It was Tommy.

Once more, he gave me a glare of death as he towered over me, casting an ominous shadow as he had his back to the window.

From this angle, I could see perfectly flawless skin. No seriously, what's his secret? I could totally use some of that.

I was quickly pulled from those thoughts as he began to whisper yell.

"You have some real fucking nerve, Toby, thinking that you can do all of this. But I see right through you," he spat my name with venom, words coming slowly but full of threat. "You just want attention, and you're getting it. I see what you're doing, Toby, I see it."

He took a deep breath before continuing.

"I won't let you get away with this. It's all about attention with you, I know it. I'm going to get you for this..." And then he was rambling, effectively losing the fearful grip he had on me. Look at that, he can't even do that right.

To be fair though, he's better than you at a lot of things.

Hey! You're meant to be on my side!

Oh well.

Then, I felt an arm encircle me from behind, which really took me off guard.

I jumped, and upon seeing it was Ranboo, immediately relaxed. For some reason, I felt genuinely comfortable around him.

"Hey Ranboo," I greeted, starting to fiddle with his black hoodie sleeve. He stood taller against me, and tensed up when Tommy looked at him.

"Hey Ranboo," the same unnaturally polite voice that Tommy possessed spoke, looking him in the eyes, despite the height difference.

"Hey Tommy... We're gonna get going now-" the brunette said somewhat confidently in response.

"Why don't you sit with me?" Tommy questioned, looking convincingly.

"Because.. because Tubbo is my friend." A slight quiver ran through his body, but he remained strong.

"I see... well, I guess I'll get going." He patted Ranboo on the shoulder before editing the classroom.

I'm not sure if Ranboo caught the same mischievous smirk that Tommy held, because I certainly did.

-

A/N

Reminder that this is indeed PLATONIC. I know some scenes may come off otherwise, but it's in a friendly way. I'm Aro and I'm like this with my friends.

Also, triggers might change to content warning depending on what is in each chapter, but trust me they'll all still be there (hopefully, point out if I miss any)

anyways, I enjoyed this chapter. Pay attention to it though :)

I hope you enjoyed it, I've got work tomorrow, Sunday and Monday, and possibly Tuesday as well, depends, so there might only be one chapter then, if at all.

Goodbye, see you next time!

-

Word Count: 1166 Words

-