Chapter 8 // Beanie Boy

A/N

Triggers
- Swearing (at this point I write it before doing the rest of the chapter lmaooo)

-

Oh fuck, he's crying.

I don't think this was my fault, but I just could be sure anymore. He just sank to the floor and started weeping.

Oh god, Oh god, Oh god, what the hell do I do!?

I don't know, seems like a you problem.

Wait...

I didn't actually do this, funnily enough.

Whatever.

Before any of this had happened, Ranboo and I had been walking down the hall, as I decided to show him some of my favourite spots to go when I didn't have class. Currently, we were in the boiler room with black walls, either from soot or the souls of many students: it's hard to tell.

But then... Ranboo looked shocked, then angry, then utterly miserable. What the hell caused it?I

However when he started crying I completely shut down; I hadn't comforted anyone in a very long time. The last person I did do that for was... Was... No, I don't want to think of that today.

So instead I switched my thoughts back to the taller boy in front of me. I knelt down before him, trying to see his face - it was currently buried in his jeans.

"Hey Ranboo... Look at me," he didn't respond, nor did he show any sign that he heard me.

"Ranboo... Ranboo..." Still no response.

Ah, fuck it.

Carefully, I wrapped my arms around him, pulling him into my chest. Ranboo rocked slightly, but let me do it. After a few minutes, he unravelled his arms from his knees and hugged me back - it wasn't long before his crying slowed as well.

"Hey, hey," I spoke softly, digging deep into my memory to remember what to do. "what's up? Wanna talk about it?"

"I.. I.. I can't.." Ranboo trailed off, hiding his face.

"That's okay -"

But he cut me off.

"I can tell you one think though: they're coming. They're coming and I'm really, really scared." This terrified me.

"Who? Who? Ranboo, who?" The soft voice remained, but with a much sharper edge to it now.

"I can't say.. I can't say.." I felt more hot tears against my chest. "They're close.. I can feel it... It's getting.. It's getting worse-"

And then, he went silent.

Neither of us said anything for a few minutes. Ranboo didn't cry. I could barely think. The bell sounded and we both jumped, shaking is from this strange trance.

"Oh, uh, we uh, we got to go to class, Tubbo." The taller announced.

"Oh yes, let's head off then. Yeah...yeah." As I trailed off, that's when I realised I felt more alone than usual.

Erika..

Erika!

Nothing.

Oh well, I trust xe to not get into trouble.

-

It was all so very loud.

Inside my own brain, I could feel Erika sleeping. God.. Why are they so exhausted? Xe would never tell me why anyways, but I couldn't help but wonder.

In class, however, everyone was drawn to the middle, a mystical force pulling on everyone in the room - almost everyone, actually. The only people who were still seated were me, Ranboo, and a short black haired kid. He looked rather downcast, and like his whole world had been shattered.

I caught his eye, but he just looked away quickly: that's when I noticed that his eyes were tinged red, and his usual spark had dissipated from them.

As much as I wanted to go over to him, talk to him perhaps, I realised I didn't even know his name; that and I didn't exactly want to talk to another person right now.

In fact, I was rather content with staying silent and mulling over the events from earlier. However a loud giggle from the middle stopped any of those thoughts.

"Baby stop that~" oh, it's them again. I rolled my eyes, looking through a gap in the bodies towards the centre. That's when I saw to guys tickling each other. But then, one quickly pecked the other on the lips.

Fuck it.

''Hey.. You in the beanie, " the black haired kid looked up at me. "Are they official yet?" Honestly, they had been acting like that for months at this point.

The beanie - guy wasn't even given a chance to answer before the two from the middle began talking.

"We are in fact, isn't that right baby?"

"It is indeed!" The soft haired brunette and the dark ginger with a baseball cap interjected. "I bet you're still alone? Still looking for someone to deal with you? Or are they driven away by you're craziness?"

Once more, I rolled my eyes, feeling them burn slightly with the force of it, going light headed for a second.

"shut up..." The beanie guy muttered, very quietly.

"What was that?" The cap adorning one asked, smirking evilly. The black haired boy looked utterly panicked, shaking and on the verge of tears, again.

"I- I said shut up."

"And why should we do that?" The other boy from the duo questioned.

"Because.. because finding l-love is harder than you think..."

The soft haired brunette's expression blurred for a second, as if regretted what he said?

He moved backwards, and tried to pull the one with the cap with him, but eventually gave up when he didn't move.

Beanie Boy looked positively frightened.

That's when Ranboo stood up and excuses himself, leaving a note on the empty teachers desk before leaving.

I turned back to my notebook and picked up my pen, doodling random symbols that came to mind. I repeated the one that looked like a lollipop with a flat base, as I quite liked the way the pen sounded as it glided across the paper, and the swift repetitive nature of the symbol itself.

It was so familiar... Where was it from?

But I had no chance to ponder, for the teacher had arrived and began to speak, effectively occupying my mind.

However, my focus had drifted to the open classroom window, where another paper airplane flew in.

-

A/N

Sorry it's been a few days! I've been occupied with work and a somewhat creepy manager, do forgive me.

But I do have more time off now, so expect more chapters!

By the way, I have been writing another book (a DNF) that I want to begin publishing at some point, as well as an Allium Duo and another bee duo that I've been planning out. Tehe.

have a good day, bye!

-

Word Count: 1094 Words

-