5

Third Person POV

"Hwang Yeji!" Lia yelled in the classroom.

Yeji, who is sitting in front of her, looked at Lia and smiled. "What is it?"

Lia looked at her seatmate Chaeryeong and chuckled like an insane person. "Tell her what's wrong." Lia said to her seatmate.

Chaeryeong put her hand in her pocket and pulled out her phone. "Yeji, what's the meaning of this?" Chaeryeong scrolled through her phone trying to find the picture that left them curious and discombobulated.

After minutes of searching, Chaeryeong finally found the picture she's looking for. "What is this?" She showed Yeji her phone.

Yeji squinted and started scanning the picture that her best friends are showing to her. "What's that?" Yeji asked.

Lia sarcastically chuckled at her friend. "Someone saw you and Ryujin together in the hospital. Why? what? how?"

Yeji chuckled and started fixing her beanie that is black and bought from America. Yeji sat down properly while thinking of an answer to her curious friends.

"We're friends." Yeji said.

Chaeryeong raised her right eyebrow and threw a glance at Ryujin who is sitting a few meters away from them and talking to her friends. "Her? she's a troublemaker, Yeji. What if she punches you or beats you up out of the blue? she's a bad person and she likes to pick on weak people like Minju." Chaeryeong said and rested her head on her palm.

"Nope. She's a nice person." Yeji looked at Ryujin. She found herself lost in a daydream when she keeps on thinking about how Ryujin saved her.

"Anyways, what were you doing in the hospital?" Lia asked that made Yeji snap out of her thoughts.

Yeji looked at Lia and awkwardly chuckled. "W-well, I..." Yeji couldn't think of a lie. "I.. hurt my ankle and Ryujin helped me." Yeji explained.

Lia rested her head on her hand while looking at Yeji. She's looking at her face, her movement, her lips, and her eyes. It's obvious that Lia thinks Yeji is lying. "Right." Lia crossed her arms. "You're not sick, are you?"

Yeji was caught off guard with her friend's question. "N-no. Why would I get sick?" Yeji chuckled. "I promise you that the three of us will stay together until we get old."

Chaeryeong let out a big smile while looking at Yeji. "Yep! Anyways, I-" Chaeryeong was cut off when one of their male classmates suddenly appeared in front of them.

The three of them looked at their classmate who was black-haired, 1.85 m tall, and handsome. He was holding something behind his back that made the three friends a little curious.

"What do you need, Soobin?" Yeji tilted her head like a puppy.

Soobin awkwardly chuckled and sat down on the empty chair besides Yeji. "D-do you want to have lunch with me?" He shyly asked.

Yeji rested her head on her hand. "I'm sorry." She apologized.

It was obvious for Soobin that Yeji wasn't interested with him. He stood up and faced the floor with sadness. "Alright. Anyways, here's some ice cream for you." Soobin put the ice cream cup on Yeji's table and handed her a plastic spoon.

Yeji's world lit up when she saw the flavor of the ice cream. "Hazelnut? thanks, Soobin!" Yeji happily said and took the spoon and the ice cream. Yeji scooped a small portion of ice cream with her plastic spoon and placed it inside her mouth without hesitation. As the ice cream touched her taste buds, a satisfied expression formed on her face. 'So good.' Yeji thought to herself while eating.