16

"Good morning, Unnie!" My sister greeted me with a big smile on her face while sitting down on her chair and eating cereal.

I started stretching my limbs as I let out a big yawn. It was a beautiful morning. There were birds chirping outside and the smell of the pancakes that my talented sister cooked entered my nostrils, releasing a mesmerizing butter-like scent.

It made my stomach growl.

"Morning, Yuna." I greeted my sister and sat down across her.

I was in a good mood.

Even though I got punched yesterday and I have a bruise on my cheek, I still have a happy face because Yeji and I reconciled with each other after a quarrel at her house.

I looked at the table. I picked up my utensils and picked up a pancake and put it on my plate. I was ready to ruthlessly devour my breakfast, but I hesitated when Yuna is looking at me while smiling broadly. She looked like she wanted to tell me something but hesitating.

"Yuna, stop smiling at me. It's creepy." I cut off a piece from the pancake on my plate and I impaled it with my fork. Without hesitation, I put the food in my mouth.

As the small piece of pancake entered my mouth and touched my taste buds, I let out a sigh of relief as I found myself lost in a magical daydream. 'Yuna's cooking never disappoints.' I thought to myself.

"Unnie, Mom and Dad went on a date." Yuna giggled.

My stardust reverie was shattered into pieces. My eyes widened out of happiness. "R-really?" I asked because it's been a while since I heard those words.

Yuna nodded. "Yep!"

I dropped the fork I was holding and a big smile formed on my face as I swallowed the small piece of pancake inside my mouth. "Yuna, they didn't fight or anything? it's a real date?"

Yuna nodded again. "Yeah. Dad actually got promoted and he was in a good mood. While Mom, she originally wanted to get a divorce, but they decided to talk about it like normal civilized people."

My world lit up.

It feels like my life became better when I met Yeji. I held my head as I couldn't handle the good news my younger sister is giving to me. "Yuna, I'm so happy."

"Me too." She replied.

--

It's a beautiful monday.

After a fantastic breakfast with my sister, I walked through the hallway of our school with a giant smile on my face.

My whisker dimples started to show and I noticed that it caught the attention of the other students. There were boys looking at me, but some were girls.

On my left side, there were blue lockers and on my right side, they were white lockers. There were students walking around with their friends.

As I was only a meter away from my classroom, I inhaled and sharply exhaled as I can't wait to see Yeji and her eyesmile.

I decided to confess to her.

I wanted to show Yeji that I feel something towards her. Inside the bag I am carrying on my back, there is a rose and a box of chocolates. While my left hand is occupied as it is holding a plastic bag with a big container of Yeji's favourite chocolate hazelnut ice cream inside it.

I can't wait to see Yeji's face when I give her what I have with me.

As I am now facing the door to my classroom, I put on a big smile and I placed my right hand on the metal doorknob.