10

Yeji and I were running.

We were both out of breath and our legs were shaking as we continued running away from out male teacher who was chasing us.

I looked behind me and I saw Yeji weakly running while panting. She was already tired.

Behind Yeji, there's our teacher pointing at us with a frustrated look on his face. He was a little far away from us, but he continued running. I was astonished by his stamina.

"Yeji, run faster!" I said while looking at Yeji.

Yeji stopped running and she placed her hand on her chest while trying to catch her breath. "Ryujin, I'm tired. Let's stop running and face our consequences."

I stopped running and I faced Yeji. "Yeji, do you want to get yelled at by that old man? he's loud." I said and walked towards her.

I agree with Yeji's idea. I honestly started to regret that I told Yeji to run. We could've easily thought of an excuse to our teacher, but I decided to run because who doesn't like thrill?

It has been a while since I had this much fun.

I looked at Yeji's eyes and I offered my hand for her to hold. "Yeji, hold my hand." I said.

Yeji let out a cough while looking at the man behind us. Fortunately, he was a little far away from us and he looked tired. "I'm really tired, Ryujin." She said while trying to control her breathing.

"Yeji, he's getting close to us." Without hesitation, I held Yeji's hand. "Let's go!" I yelled.

We started with a jog because we were still both a little tired. Yeji's legs were obviously exhausted from all that running, but I wasn't tired anymore. One look at Yeji's glowing eyes and I already regained all my energy.

"You okay?" I asked while jogging and holding Yeji's hand. Her hand was warm, soft, and it was shaking a little bit.

Yeji chuckled. "Yeah."

"You kids! stop!" The man behind us yelled in a raspy voice that startled the two of us.

I looked behind us and I chuckled a little bit while looking at the man in his 40s who looked like he was about to pass out. He was sweating so much and his clothes are all wrinkled.

"Yeji, let's run." I whispered to her.

I received a nod and a smile from Yeji. Her excited look came back that made my smile grow bigger.

The two of us ran to the left.

We kept on running away from our teacher and our consequences. After a few seconds of running, our legs started to give up.

We stopped for a moment to catch our breath. I was panting while holding Yeji's hand. "He's getting close, Yeji." I whispered as I heard our teacher's rough footsteps on the pavement.

Yeji held her head out of frustration. "Shoot. What will we do?" She asked me.

I let go of Yeji's hand and I looked around while looking for a good place to hide. "How about there?" I pointed at a blue car on the side of street.

The blue car was parked between a black car and a pink car. I thought that hiding there would be a good idea.

Yeji gave me a nod. "Sure. Let's go."

I held Yeji's hand and the two of us ran towards the blue car to hide and regain our energy.

As we approached the blue car, I started repeating "wows" in my mind as I was fascinated with the design of the car. It had an awesome mixture of light blue, dark blue, and white. The design reminded me of the Gulf of Alaska, the place where two oceans don't mix.