Unexpected Advice

Luka Couffaine decided to take a walk tonight since it was such a lovely evening. It was a bit cloudy out, and there was a nice breeze in the air, which were both strong indicators that it might rain. He didn't really care much though. In fact, a fresh spring rain sounded nice as long as he had his umbrella with him.

Luka walked aimlessly around for a while, enjoying the nice breeze. He felt content, but as always, there was a part of him that was hurt. He couldn't stop thinking about Marinette, no matter what he did. In a way, he'd moved on, but he couldn't stop worrying about her. What was so important and stressful about her life that she couldn't tell anyone about? It just didn't make any sense to him, no matter how much he thought about it.

Luka decided to go to the place he always went. Down to the saint-martin canal. The lapping of the water was calming, and it gave Luka a sense of relief that he couldn't find anywhere else.

Just as he approached, he heard something odd. Someone was...crying? That had never happened before. Luka took a look around until he caught sight of a blonde girl wearing a yellow and black striped costume. She was sitting down hugging her legs next to the water, crying in soft sobs. She looked angry, but above all else, sad.

Luka wasn't sure what he was going to do. All he knew was that he was a hero, and that meant he helped people.

Chloe gasped out of shock as someone sat down beside her. If it was Zoe, or Adrien, or Dupain-Cheng- but it wasn't. It was someone she had never seen before.

He had spikey teal blue hair that matched his bright eyes. He looked so calm, so at peace with himself that Chloe was already starting to feel jealous.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" she demanded as she cleared her eyes from tears. She hoped her voice didn't sound too weak. It would be more embarrassing than anything for someone to find her crying. She was angry- not sad or weak.

"Are you okay?" Luka asked, almost as if he hadn't heard Chloe's question.

She glared at him. Why did he have to be here? "Why wouldn't I be?" she said rudely, more to assure herself than Luka.

He looked a little worriedly up at her. "Because you were crying."

Chloe gasped. Oh no. He'd noticed. "No I wasn't!"

Luka gave her a faintly curious smile. "Then why are your eyes wet?"

Chloe felt herself start to panic. "Rain. It's the rain!" she lied. "It's none of your business anyway! Just go away and leave me alone!" She yelled.

Chloe waited for Luka to leave, but he never did. She just wanted to be by herself, where she could cry all she wanted without anyone having to see.

"Why are you still here!" She yelled at him a minute later. Why couldn't he leave? Why couldn't everyone just leave her alone for once?

Luka seemed to ignore her, instead closing his eyes for a second and taking a deep breath. What the heck was this weirdo who got his clothes from a dumpster doing?

"I usually come here to calm myself. The water, the way it flows smoothly like a sweet tune relaxes me."

Chloe blinked, utterly shocked by how weird that sounded. "That makes zero sense," she retorted. But deep down, on some level, she thought it had a meaning.

"Life's never easy, but if we choose the right path during the hard times, it will reward us later in life," Luka said.

"I didn't come here for life advice!" Chloe yelled. She stood back up, with both hands on her hips. So much for finding a quiet place to cry all by herself. "You're ridiculous, utterly ridiculous! Just like every other person out there! Ridiculous utterly-"

And just then, it started pouring down rain, ruining Chloe's hair, and her outfit. "This is all your fault!" she yelled to Luka. He seemed to tense a little, but for some reason, he didn't jump back at her.

He stood back up, and opened his umbrella. Oh great, now he was going to rub it in her face that she had to walk home in the wet cold. Great, just-

"Here."

What? He was- handing Chloe the umbrella? It seemed unbelievable, impossible. Chloe had been rude, nasty really, yet, this boy was still being kind to her. He was giving her a chance. Well, his mistake.

Chloe yanked the umbrella out of his hands and ran out into the rain, back to the Bourgois hotel. For a second, their hands had touched, and Chloe could almost swear that she felt something.

Luka watched as Chloe dashed away out into the rain. He wasn't sure how he felt. Chloe was obviously misled and confused, but a part of him wanted to believe that deep down, there was good in her. On the outside, definitely not, but on the inside, maybe, just maybe she had it in her to save herself before it was too late.

Luka took the journey home one steady step at a time. It was just a light rain, nothing heavy. There was something calming about walking out in it. Everything would be alright, at the end of the journey.