Forgiveness

Chloe wished that she could say things got easier after that, but they didn't. At least she didn't feel as guilty as before...most of the time. In truth, she had nightmares a lot. They were about her turning on everybody again and watching Paris be destroyed. They were awful really, but she didn't tell anyone, not even Zoe. 

Zoe was in fact the reason Chloe was still trying to change at all. It was hard and more than challenging to try and change her ways. But the first thing Chloe had to do was mend her relationships, and ask for forgiveness. And the first person she went to, was Adrien.

Nathalie had let her in, and now she was waiting patiently in his room. It was amazing, but not nearly as cool as her own.

"Chloe?" Adrien said, clearly surprised to see her here.

"I have some things I need to say," Chloe admitted, taking a deep breath. She had only done this a few times before, and she was still new to the idea. "Adrikins- I mean, Adrien, I wanted to say, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for being such a horrible friend and making it hard to chose between me, or your other friends. To be honest, I only clinged to you because you were the closest thing I had to a friend too." Before Chloe knew it, tears were forming in her eyes. "You don't have to take me back as a friend, I just, had to tell you that I'm sorry and that I won't do anything like what I did ever again." Now she felt like bawling. Why? It was just a simple apology, wasn't it? Except it wasn't. It was apology to her best friend in the whole world.

Adrien, she realized, looked like he was about to cry too. "Oh Chloe, you'll always be my friend. No matter what."

Before she knew it, Adrien pulled Chloe into a tight embrace. It felt..warm, and reliving at the same time. He actually cared too, and he cared about her enough to give her a second chance. That feeling was better than anything else in the world."

"Thank you, Adrien. I won't fail you again." And Chloe meant it. You stick beside your friends no matter what, and you try your very hardest never to hurt them.

***

Talking to Sabrina and apologizing went in an entirely different direction. "And so I'm sorry, for mistreating you and everything. I promise, that if you stay my friend, I'll treat you better like a real friend should."

Sabrina blinked a few times. "What do you mean? You've always been an amazing friend! Sharing your items, inviting me over, and all sorts of things that friends do."

"Well I am pretty great, aren't I?" Chloe said as she waved her hair around. Zoe let out a cough and nudged Chloe slightly. "I mean, I wasn't really that good of a friend. You don't have to pretend."

"I'm not! Your the only friend I've ever had."

"Sabrina, I locked you in a closet to do my schoolwork. That's not what best friends do," Chloe said, mentally cringing at doing something so awful. It had been a rough time in her life, she told herself.

"Not what most friends do," Sabrina added in. Zoe did a facepalm and Chloe rolled her eyes. How had Sabrina not seen how horrible of a friend she was?

"Well, the important thing is that I'm ready to change, and I'm happy to have a loyal friend like you at my side," Chloe said.

Then a strange thing happened. Sabrina hugged her. It felt a little weird and out of place at first, but then it was nice. "Oh, Chloe! I've been waiting to hear you say that from the moment I met you! I knew there was good in you."

And that, made Chloe realize that once again, she had been wrong. Sabrina had cared about her too, but she hadn't been paying enough attention to notice.