The Dance: Part 1

Zoe let out a long sigh as she sipped on her juice. She was with Marinette in the Bourgeois hotel, as they chatted back and forth. 

"Chloe's come such a long way. I'm actually pretty surprised how much she was able to change," Marinette said.

"The teal highlights in her hair make her seem like a whole new person, don't they?" Zoe giggled with Marinette.

"Yes, they do," she agreed.

Zoe took a glance over at her sister, who was fumbling a little as she talked to Luka. Zoe sighed. "Now all we need is to get those two together because I'm tired of seeing them be awful at expressing their feelings."

Marinette laughed. A few months ago, if someone had told her that Luka and Chloe belonged together, she would have totally disagreed. Now...she was seeing something between them that she hadn't before. As different as they were, they complimented each other's personalities perfectly. Luka was calm, and Chloe was fierce. She gave him confidence, and he listened to her. They supported each other and helped the other grow.

Marinette grinned ear to ear. "You know what? I have a plan."

Zoe's muddy blue eyes went wide. "Let's hear it."

"So you know that dance at school next weekend?"

"Yeah?" Zoe said.

Marinette leaned a little closer so only she could hear. "Let's tell her that everyone else has a date. Chloe won't want to be left out, so she'll have to ask Luka."

Zoe almost jumped out of her seat. "That's perfect," she whispered back in excitement.

"Okay, I'll tell her the news, and you hint it to her that she won't want to miss out."
"What are you two whispering about?" Chloe asked, coming up from behind them.

Both Zoe and Marinette almost fell out of their seats. Well, Marinette did, but she recovered in enough time to save herself. "We were just, um, talking about the school dance next weekend," Marinette said casually.

"You're coming, right?" Zoe asked.

"What? That's next weekend?" Chloe had kind of forgotten about it, to be honest.

"Yeah." Marinette nudged Zoe's shoulder.

"You should come. And bring someone!" The two girls sent each other a look. They were doing this wrong, weren't they?

Chloe raised a brow. "What do you mean?"

"Well, it's a dance, so, that means that two people, can, dance. So, you should bring someone with you." Marinette cringed on the inside. That sounded so weird. Not like Zoe was doing much better though.

"Like a friend." Zoe eyed Luka and motioned over at him, hoping to hint at it to Chloe.

"Everyone else is going with someone. You wouldn't want to be left out." Marinette knew she'd hit the right trigger words. Chloe's eyes went wide.

"Excuse me a minute." She dashed off and caught Luka right before he reached the door. "Luka!" she called.

"Yes?" he replied, as calmly as ever.

Chloe stood in place, with both of her hands behind her back. "Well, you see, there's a dance at school next weekend, and everyone is going, with someone, and, I wondered if you...might want to go with me?" Chloe's face was as red as a tomato. Her heart was pounding wildly inside of her chest.

Luka smiled.

"I totally get it, if you're busy, or don't want to go, because dances are so lame, right? Yeah, and-