The Interview

Dick was enjoying himself at The Devil's Playground. He climbed the rock wall, benched a couple weights, stretched, and did a LOT of gymnastic stunts.

At first, he thought he was being a show off but he wasn't. He wasn't the only one using the gym to it's potential. Dick had met five other people who loved to do gymnastics and had a long conversation with them. He actually made friends outside of the league which was an amazing feeling for him.

He felt like a normal person. No one questioned him about superhero business. Dick felt like he could be himself for once and not try to hide his alter ego.

After Dick felt like he was satisfied with his workout, he was ready to talk to Matt about being a possible employee here. He loved the atmosphere and the people, so maybe he could workout a schedule of some sort so he can work here.

Dick was making his way toward the front desk where Karen and Foggy were. But they weren't alone. There was another man with them.

The man stood at 5'11", had on black joggers pants, and an dark army green t-shirt that fit his muscled torso. Damn he was built like Bruce! He was also barefoot at the moment. But as Dick looked at his face he had a scruffy face going on, reddish brown hair, a crooked nose from a possible past fight, along with a pair of red eye glasses.

I wonder why he's wearing sunglasses inside.

It took Dick a minute to realize something from a tv show. "The only two people who wear sunglasses inside, blind people or douche bags."(Supernatural reference)

Dick took the ladder and realized the man in-front of him was blind.

There are not many encounters with blind people in Gotham, so the one time Dick sees one it's in a gym.

As Dick reaches the the front desk, he speaks to Karen.

"Hey Karen! I was wondering if I could meet Matt and discuss an interview for a job here please if he's free." Dick said politely.

Before Karen could utter a word, the man with the red glasses spoke up.

"Hey kid. I'm Matt the owner here. I'll be the one conducting your interview." He said sticking out his right hand to me.

Dick was a little in shock that the blind man just so happened to be the owner of the gym.

Noticing his slight hesitation, Matt chuckled at Dick, breaking him from his thoughts.

" I take it it's your first time meeting a blind man and the one hiring you for this job at a gym." Matt said with a toothy smile still holding out his hand.

Dick immediately took the hand in his and did a firm shake. " I am so sorry. Yes it is actually. I was hoping to talk to you about a possible job here." Dick said all flustered with embarrassment from what just happened.

Matt only chuckled and lead Dick towards a side office behind the desk, "Step into my office."

Dick walked in behind Matt and closed the door quietly.

"So let's get down to business, I'll ask you a few questions and you answer. Honestly, I think you would be a good fit here but it's mandatory. I like to know what kind of person you are before I hire you. I hope you understand." Matt said seriously getting down to business.

"I understand." Dick said kindly.

"Alright, let's get started."

•     •     •     •     •

Sometime later...

"Well Dick, congratulations you get the job." Matt said with a big smile.

"Thank you so much Matt! I can't wait to work with you. Also can I ask you a question about the martial arts lessons?" Dick said.

Matt arched an eyebrow at Dick's question, but answered, "What would you like to know?"

"Would you be willing to teach me some moves? I know some but I would like to learn more if you could." Dick said nervously.

Damn normally I'm only ever intimidated by one person and that's Bruce.

Matt laughed lightly and patted Dick on the shoulder as he passed the chair he was seated in, "Yes I will teach you what I know. But you may struggle at first. My methods of teaching are...different."

Dick gave a confused look but shook it off.

As long as it wasn't brutal like Bruce's teachings, I'll be ok...Right?

After saying goodbye to Matt and the others, Dick started his trek back to the manor.

I got a job.

A new place to get away from the crew and the manor to let off steam.

Met a man that could maybe be more intimidating then the old Bat.

This day was interesting.

As Dick walked into the manor he was met with the usual noise.

Silence.

Old Bats was probably in the cave getting ready to go out for patrol. Alfred was most likely done with dinner and doing some gardening. Damien is probably sharpening his knives and swords in his room. Tim is on his computer somewhere as usual. And Jason is out drinking somewhere.

Dick let out a defeated sigh. He was hoping he could share his good news and excitement about his first day job, but oh well. If they ever get around to talking to him, he will tell them.

Dick headed up to his room and took a shower after today's events. He settled down for the evening and fell asleep.

Happy he choose to do something for himself for once.

• • • • •

Back at the gym...

Foggy and Karen left for their hotel room after Dick left. I told them I could handle it from there.

The gym was finally closed, everything was clean and ready for tomorrow morning.

After that, Matt gathered his things and headed up to the loft. As he was about to enter his apartment he heard something.

Matt heard feet running across the roof of the building. Matt didn't panic, he knew who ran this city in the night.

Besides, this wasn't his city to protect. It was the Bat family who watched over it.

More recently it's been one bat in particular. The original.

Daredevil ran into Batman only one time back in Hell's Kitchen. Within that encounter, sharing few words but lots of action. Batman proved to be a selfless man. A real hero.

But Daredevil knows a secret. By secret I mean THE SECRET.

But does the world's greatest detective know the Devil's secret though?

Edited.