The Unexpected Visitor

Previously

"I will ask him out soon, but now is definitely not the right time. I don't want to push it onto him and lately he told me about his past relationship, Elektra Natchios. He still seems a little fragile to be jumping into a relationship and I need to fix a few things with myself. I need to be sure he's ready and I'm ready too.", Bruce paused a few moments then spoke.

"To be straight with you three...even though I haven't known Matt long. I want to spend the rest of my life with him.", Bruce said looking down at the floor, finally admitting it to himself.

Dick, Jason and Tim looked at Bruce with such happiness, they pulled him into a big hug.

Of course while the others were having a moment, Damien heard the whole conversation. It brought a smile to his face to think the man he was latched on to currently, will soon become officially apart of his family.

Damien fell asleep back into Matt content with that knowledge, while Matt remained blissfully unaware of what has just transpired between the family of heroes.

The Batfam stayed a few days until Matt was back to his amazing self.

It has been a couple of days since Matt had been terribly ill.

The Batfam came over practically every day to make sure he was taken care of.

They barely left his side.

To most people it would make them feel suffocated or closed in. But Matt is not most people. He savored every minute with them.

It made Matt happy when the boys would bring him breakfast and dinner while he was on bed rest. Dick would read to him, Jason would talk aimlessly about his nights out in Gotham, Tim would ask questions about some case he was working on, and Damien would mostly remain silent enjoying the peace between the two.

Bruce on the other hand stuck by Matt's side from early morning to when he needed to go on patrol in the late afternoons. But Bruce always returned just before dawn.

Matt felt better enough to workout today and the Batfam was not pleased, but what could they do.

Matt was a stubborn mule who could not be swayed easily. Dick and the Fam were off on a mission. They didn't really mention any details around Matt so he wouldn't worry. But he did anyways because, well they were his family.

It was a quiet day at the gym. There was only a handful of people who came in the morning, but now they were all trickling out the door. Soon, Matt is the only one in there. Justl the way he likes it if he wants to not look suspicious.

Matt takes off his glasses and sets his walking stick aside at the front desk. He makes his way towards the bags and starts his routine.

1 hour 1/2 later

The gym was still unoccupied, except for the sweaty Mat training by the bags.

He would slow down every once in a while to not over work himself and get too tired.

Mat had decided to call it a day, just in time for someone to walk in.