The Sick Day (Part 1)

Matt had not been feeling so good the last two days. He didn't really think anything of it until the following day.

His body was stiff as a board with pain, his head was pounding and his breathing became heavy. Matt could hardly smell anything with his stuffy nose and worst of all, his hearing was almost nonexistent. It scared him.

It had been years since he had been this sick.

It took Matt several attempts to locate his phone. Once he did, he sent a text to Dick telling him to close the gym and have a day off. When Dick replied asking why, Matt told him truth about having the flu.

That sent Dick into panic mode. He quickly went downstairs to locate Alfred and request some warm chicken noodle soup and crackers along with the appropriate medicine for the flu.

The rest of the household had heard a commotion coming from the kitchen. When they went to investigate, they found a very worried Grayson pacing back and forth waiting for Alfred to be done in the kitchen.

"What's wrong Dick?", Bruce asked with a quirked eyebrow.

"Matt's sick with the flu. I'm going over there to keep an eye on him.", Dick said worried.

"Why do you look worried then? It will pass, it won't kill him.", Jason asked leaning on the wall.

"Remember when Matt told us of his sensitive senses. What does the flu do to the human body? Your body is in immense pain, your nose is congested, your breathing is labored, and to top it all off your hearing sounds like everything is underwater! What do you think Matt is going through right now?! I bet he can't get out of bed or eat!", Dick yelled towards his now panicking family.

"Shit!", Jason cursed under his breath.

Everyone scrambled to get on a decent pair of clothes and headed towards the door, after Alfred packed the bag to go.

Bruce hopped in the driver's seat while everyone else piled in, zooming down the street to Matt's place.

Dick rushed to get the gym doors unlocked to let his family in.

They all walked briskly to Matt's apartment door and knocked loudly to get Matt's attention.

They all waited silently, waiting to hear a response on the other side of the door. A few minutes went by before they heard a curse and something heavy falling to the ground with a heavy thump.

Tim was the one to start picking the lock of the door when they heard something fall. It took less than thirty seconds for the lock to be picked and everyone to pile in to the apartment.

What they saw scared all of them.

A shirtless Matt was laying on the ground in the middle of the hallway, helplessly trying to get up. Panic was clear on his face. It was a sight they hope never to see again.

Bruce ran over and swooped down to lifted Matt into his arms. He carried Matt back towards his bedroom. Matt had groaned from being lifted, he was in so much pain.

He didn't know what was going on. It was so difficult to sense what was happening. 

Bruce leaned down and gently put Matt in the center of the giant bed. Bruce then proceeded to get on to the bed and prop himself against the headboard. Bruce pulled Matt into an embrace, similar to what Matt does to comfort him after a rough day, only this time Matt's back was to Bruce's front.