The Curious Family

It's been a week since Matt hired Dick at the gym.

So far everything was going smoothly. Dick would leave the manor and head towards the gym close to 7AM and start his shift at 8AM.

Dick grew close to Matt within that time. He would often forget that Matt was blind. Matt knew where everything was. He never tripped, not even over his own feet.

When Dick started to train on martial arts with Matt, Matt would correct his foot work or his fist positioning. Which was odd because he is blind. But Dick never questioned it.

Dick could swear on his life, that this blind man could go hand-to-hand combat with the big Bat himself and possibly win. And that was saying something.

Matt could always find a way to make Dick fall on his ass. Matt could fake a hiss or a wince and Dick would pause. But that's all it would take for the blind man to get the upper hand.

But every time Dick fell, Matt would help him up and tell him what he needed to fix. Matt treated Dick like his own blood. Very similar to Bruce, but Matt showed more emotion towards helping Dick then training for battle exercises.

As far as Dick knew, no one at the manor had known that he had been working at the gym. He would see his brothers, father figure, and butler/friend around at dinner, but they never asked about where he's been or what he's been up to. Everyone was in their own little world.

Well that was what Dick thought, until his family became curious when his hand-to-hand fighting skills got five times better and his current happy moods when he gets back to the manor. At first they believed he found a special someone and practicing his fighting skills, but that wasn't the case when Tim traced his phone going to a gym for 7 hours a day.

Everyone from the manor, except Alfred, decided to pop by the designated coordinates and see what was up. Apparently it was a gym called "The Devil's Playground", some of the boys snickered at the name and the older people of the group ignored it. It didn't look too bad on the outside and it had quite a few cars parked out in front of the building. With that the group headed towards the double doors.

When the Bat family walked in they were pleasantly surprised by the wide range of equipment and space for everyone to do their own thing. They had everything for almost every type of athlete out there. Another thing they were surprised about was when they saw who was behind the front desk talking to a few people...Dick.

When Dick said goodbye to his group of gymnasts, he turned towards the front doors of the gym. He didn't fully look up from the desk because he was currently filling out the gym's time logs of who left and who didn't.

Dick said still without looking up, "Hello welcome to the Devil's Playground! How would you like your muscles to suffer today?"

As he finally looked up, saying the phrase Foggy came up with before he left, Dick froze in shock of his family staring at him working behind the desk.

Dick broke out of his trance when he heard them all chuckle, some laughs coming from Tim and Damien, he looked at all of their expressions thinking they were going to get mad or make fun of him. No judgments were made, almost a snide comment came out of Damien's mouth, but he was cut off by Dick.

"What are you all doing here?", Dick asked, he didn't bother adding the 'how did you find my location?' part because he knew they could track him somehow.

"Well we came to see what was making you so fucking happy and causing you to get better with your fighting skills.", Jason said walking towards the desk and leaning on it.

"Well as you can see, I'm working and someone has been teaching me some combat skills. That's it. I work in a place that doesn't know me as the warden of Bruce Wayne and I feel like I'm doing something fun. Now, if that's all you came here for, you guys can go. Bye.", Dick said with frustration in his voice starting to walk away.