Random Monologue

It is such a lovely day at three o'clock in the afternoon here under the shade of our mango tree.

I could see the rice plains before me as the whispering breeze speaks in echo pass my ears.

I am resting right now.

It has been a long day that I quite felt. Although I have been stuck in the house not doing anything but to come back and forth in front of my laptop typing the answers on my report assignments and then going out of my bedroom and to the kitchen only to look for any chips to eat.

It was an easy task but I feel like my body would want to break away in answering that ten pages assignment. It will be my final papers for my AnaPhy Laboratory requirements before this second semester ends and I have been given an INC on my report card as an initial record.

It was not supposed to be given but I did not finish passing what I needed to pass so that's to compromise.

All this months, my mind would remind me to do my requirements but my body wasn't cooperating at all so I ended up having two subjects incomplete.

I would be stuck considering to watch television series and dramas rather than picking up my pen and browsing my notes and lessons over the course of time.

Classes were right at the corner and I would only attend and listen until the discussions are over without even trying to interact with my classmates and teachers in the online learning portal.

I would often drop my head on my desk and blink listlessly on the screen seeing my teacher speaking and enduring the hour and half time having only his or her face appearing on the screen as everyone else got their cameras off.

And you might just guess... I am in an online class, that is.

Can't blame the pandemic outbreak since a year had past and I just missed my chance to march the red carpet upon ending my high school back then.

Now, college life is a lot more different and harder but my effort is less than half to exert. I was in a feriswheel of doing well and not and, honestly, I was the least responsible student in my classes.

My ambition is big and very demanding but how I treat my studies is now very far comparable to how satisfied I was in my previous years.

They say that college life is the training ground for the real thing. It is eventually the precursor of the real deal when you work out there in the real world and you can't take it easy going but I guess that doesn't give much impact to me.

You see, I used to be enthusiastic in learning and doing my best back in elementary and high school but everything changed when I stepped up for college.

The way I cope is never the same and where I bring myself to learn is not very responsible.

I totally lost it~

My motivation to keep on going and to do the best I can~

I am now empty of it.

And so, I lay in all idleness here under the mango tree overlooking the quiet plains of the rice fields.

I wonder what I would do to get me back to that old, motivated me??

_____
Signed by Adren Levi Xeriozo.