"Under Their Wings"

A soft, gentle breeze kissed the cradle of a tall, woody tree where two new hatched eaglets resounded their chirpings as a greeting for the rising morn.

Brought along with the gust of wind, comes the landing of sharp-edged talons together with the flip-flaps of two closing wings signalling that the one who yields the meal has arrived.

Chirpity-chirp goes the merry little eaglets as they welcome their magnificent dad on the nest where they were bound and he sure knew that their chirpings dictates that they are ready to be fed.

Dad as he is, tore apart the meat that he has brought with him on the nest.

Each one of the eaglets he did fed with the small portions of the meat after he tore them into bite-sized meat adequate for the eaglets little beaks.

First one to drop in the first eaglet's beak quieted the chirping of the once noisy avian babe and then daddy eagle tore another for the second eaglet to be filled as well since he's still crying and calling for him to also be fed.

Giving the eaglets food is vital for their growth and nourishment so it was provided by the father and, now, the mother eagle assisted him to feed their youngsters since she was the one who guarded the little ones earlier when the father eagle searched for that meat.

How this avian family filled their empty stomachs with the early bread that was provided by a great and loving father and their meal was just enough for their breakfast.

In a short while after their meal, daddy eagle decided to leave the nest once again and engaged himself to hunt for the next meal to be served and so the two little eaglets were left to the care of their mom as they cuddled under her big, protective wings.

Just a few minutes have passed since daddy eagle left, mommy eagle recognized an alarming danger from a few kilometers with her watchful sight and she flew off only to send the approaching venomous reptile away and, thus, she kept her two little ones safe from harm's way.

Keen and sharp eyes of the mother eagle made a final observation around the whole area before she spread her wings and flew back to the nest.

Life has only began to get more serious for the parent eagles because taking care of their eaglets is no laughing matter to carry on.

Months after days easily went by and the seasons ruling the entire forest changed one after the other.

Nights of darkness and peaceful slumbers for the avian family mostly kept the couple to take more careful watch over their little ones for the passing span of time of their parenting.

On rainy days and nights, the couple will hide the eaglets dry and safe from turbulent gusts of the strong winds and the showering raindrops.

Protection is bestowed with the tender carresses of the couple's pair of wings and they willingly gave it for their dearest ones.

Quaffing one certain afternoon on a well watered lake, daddy eagle made a decision that it was time for him to do another role of his parenthood.

Right then, he flapped his wings and zoomed his way back to the nest where the two eaglets that have already grown are resting with their mother.

Slowly but surely that day, the two parent eagles showed and taught their little ones how to fly.

The two didn't manage it at first but they both learned as they were educated by their mommy and daddy eagle perseveringly.

Until the day has come and the two young eagles who were mere flightless eaglets before came to stand on the edge of their nest ready to take their flight towards tomorrow.

Visible results of the parent eagle's  responsibilities and hardwork in raising the two eagles were certainly accomplished and everything that the two little eagles needed to learn from them marked their own traces of paths to begin to explore during that moment.

What lies ahead of the two eagle's journey are now to be faced by them on their own as they both spread their wings and soar higher and farther from the nest that cradled them as what they called it their home and the bidding farewell are all that's left to their parent's heart with their feathery backs swiftly disappearing towards an unknown distant.

Xeric places were visited by the two grown eagles and unto a lot more different places they have never been before.

Years of being nurtured, cared, protected, taught and loved are now sweet memories to be forever engraved in the young eagles' mind for they are now using their wings that are the sole gifts of their mom and dad.

Zooming through their life's adventures keeps them to fly onwards after being set free under their wings.

~•Φ•~
-Fin-
~•Φ•~
🌟ArixielDaiminse🌟