"What Goes Up When It Pours"

It was a cloudy, dewy morning when I woke up from my bed. I have slept late last night and I could feel dizziness in my head.

Despite what I felt, I stood and got myself ready for school. I've taken  bath and wote my clothes rather than my uniform. I sat on the chair and partook the food that was prepared by my mom. It was a nice breakfast and the soy coffee was perfect to bring my energy leveled up for today.

After the meal, I ironed my still a bit wet blouse and then changed into my uniform. I don't have anymore choice so I wore it even it's still a bit wet.

I was supposed to go out from the door with my schoolbag when there was the drumming drops heard from the rooftop.

"Oh no. It's raining. Take your umbrella with you, Belle." I heard mom's concerned voice and I turned only to see her holding the black marker and writing something on my umbrella.

"Here. It'll keep you from the rain and protect you under it's care. I also wrote your name on it so that it could be returned to you. Go and do your best, okay??"

I hugged mom and kissed her before proceeding towards the door.

I clicked the umbrella and up it went. I surged through the flooding streets and under the black of my umbrella. It is because my umbrella is pink on the outside and black on the inside. I trodded my way going to school and the beauty that I witnessed today under the grayish clouds as I was being rained with the heaven's showerd made me realized their worth.

Some were blue and some were green. Some were plain and some were flowering with designs. Some were like a rainbow under the sunless clouds. A few are but a combination of two to three color hues. Some are black and a few were transparent too. In different sizes, they appear in great use.

It was on my way to school. Some other students were walking under their own umbrellas. I even felt a bit of a good vibe seeing those different and colorful umbrellas. Some predicab has umbrellas too.

"Don't think I owe you one!"

I rolled my eyes only to spot two of my classmates wlking under the same umbrella.

"I am not thinking that! I just thought of sharing thus umbrella with you since you're about to get soaked with the rain. Why did you not brought an umbrella anyways?" Audrey, the one holding the umbrella stated smirking at Zia who was pouting irritably besides her.

"Then you shouldn't have shared your umbrella with me in the first place! Like I'll catch a cold with this weather!" Zia replied crossing her arms over her chest.

"Stupid, I know how weak your immunity is! Besides, just stop complaining already!"

And there went.

They're not to be narrowed down as friends since they always  fire our classes with their teasings, quarrels, bullying, and fights. They least get along with each other but, oh, what a surprise that they could walk under the same umbrella. How unpredictable is the benefit of this thing.

I grasped my own umbrella more tightly and smiled.

"Hey, come closer. It's not good to have you get wet and all."

I was slowed down with my pace. I caught sight of my two seniors infront who were walking all lovey-dovey under that Hello Kitty umbrella with traces of hearts as its design. Wha a match of atmosphere does that umbrella covers them both.

"I'm all fine, Jude. Not even a single drop on me." Says the female senior.

"Just being more concerned about you but I guess I'm glad to hear that, Jade."

I heaved a sigh and walked pass them to leave their sweetness to themselves. Again, a sense of even more closeness and a more budding love abides under an umbrella.

I heated my face up when the thought crossed my mind. I hope I'll experience that too someday.

The school was still at a further distance and the rain is beginning to rain harder. I doubled my pace ever so trying to avoid the water to get into my black shoes.

"I'm surging forward!"

There was a gust of light wind when he went pass me in a sprint. His name is Lead, my classmate and the class representative.

He is way too cheerful and excited at most times. He's daringly bold too but, to top that, he's  bit sensitive tp sunlight and rainwater.

"Hey, Lead! You dropped your handkerchief!"

I tried to shout with my loudest but I guess his energy kept him from hearing me. I picked the handkerchief up and sighed continuing my way.

Lead wasn't in any worries about the rain at all as he was being under the assurance of the umbrella's protection. That's another thing umbrellas are reliable with. Keeping one from the sun's scroching heat or the pouring of rainwater.

"Good morning, Belle!" Old lady Grace greeted me as I was passing by a shade of a store.

She is seemingly waiting for the rain to stop and she was using her umbrella as her cane was not with her.

"Good morning too, Lady Grace! I'll pass by now." I smiled nd so did she.

That was another useful thing. A support when standing at that store in wait...

"Mommy, thank you! It's so pretty."

A little girl uttered inside a garage of a a house along the street I was trodding. Her mom gave her a very beautiful umbrella that made her really happy. I felt the same earlier.

Oh, happiness...

Finally, I reached the school gate and walked in its grounds. I headed to my room and I met Lead on the way who has juat finished chatting to a senior.

"Mornin', Belle!" He greeted that I was caught surprised.

I handed his handkerchief and his eyes widened after seeing it.

"You dropped it. You were so overly filled with excitement earlier." I told him.

"Oops... Sorry for that and thanks. I was worry-free with this umbrella my older brother lent me. By the way, you walked alone today?" Lead asked and I shook my hand as my reponse.

"Not at all so alone... It wasn't lonely under a great umbrella. I actually had fun~" I told him tracing a smile on my face.

"Nice! Then let's get to our class~" Lead told me so I nodded and went on.

I pulled my umbrella to a close when I stepped in the door of the room and stomped my shoes. I hanged my umbrella at the window grilles along with the other umbrellas of my classmates. Lead also left his there too and I brought my sight outside the window.

The sky is beginning to clear and the light is barely peeping behind it. What  day was today...

I have recognized a worth of a thing I often use. An umbrella that takes the spotlight in the midst of the rain brought by the darkened clouds. I often use it especially only during times when it rains or when the sun's heat is unbearable.

Little did I see something more from its usefulness. And that's all I have learned. I know there are still a lot it could give and I'll be thankful for that.

An umbrella. It goes up when it pours.

~•~•~•~
End
~•~•~•~