Blue eyes

Lilac's POV:

One last sentence...

...and I'm finally finished with all my holiday homework!

Now I'll be able to relax and do whatever I want!

I was in my final year of college and it was our mid-year break.

I spent a week completing my assignments so that I could enjoy the rest of my break without any hindrances.

My stomach grumbled and I looked at the clock to realise that it was lunchtime.

I should make myself some pasta.

I lived alone in a small but cosy apartment since my college was far away from home.

It had been over a year so I was already used to living by myself.

I opened my fridge to take out the spaghetti noodles, tomatoes and frozen shrimp.

After I put the noodles in the boiling water, I heard the sound of a vehicle parking near my house.

Why is there a vehicle parking outside?

I don't think my neighbour next door has a car.

Well, it's not like I'm close to my neighbour to know anything either.

I ignored the noise and continued cooking since I was too hungry to care.

After some time, I was done with my seafood pasta.

Before I could dig in, I heard my doorbell ring.

Damn it.

I put down my utensils and walked to the door.

After I opened it, I was met with a pair of bright blue eyes.

It was a young man who I had never seen before.

He had hazelnut brown hair and slightly tan skin.

Why is he here?

I was broken out of my trance when he spoke.

"Hello, I'm Darius. I'm your new neighbour that just moved in today. Nice to meet you."

My eyes widened slightly.

I didn't know my neighbour moved out recently...

Was I too focused on my studies?

Then again I've never spoken to my neighbour in the past so...

I reached out my hands and gave Darius a small smile.

"Hello, nice to meet you too. I'm Lilac."

He saw my gesture and returned it politely, shaking my hands with a warm smile.

He flashed his pearly white teeth and for a second I thought that my heart skipped a beat.

He's quite good looking...

Perhaps it was because I've never had many encounters with men, so I was feeling slightly nervous around Darius.

"Do you need help with moving? I could lend you a hand." I asked, wanting to continue the conversation.

My previous neighbour was a grumpy old lady and she scared the shit out of me.

For some reason, she always glared at me whenever I went out of my house.

Now that I have a neighbour who looks my age, I should try making a new friend.

"Oh, it's okay. There's not much to unpack anyway." Darius shook his head and replied.