Tulips

Lilac's POV:

After hearing Darius' confession, I had butterflies in my stomach.

This feels too good to be true.

I had never fallen in love before, so I didn't know if this was how it works.

Does it usually develop this quick?

I shook my head, trying to stop my annoying thoughts.

"So...what are we now?" I asked.

Darius looked at me amusingly, replying, "We could be a couple if you want to be my girlfriend. Do you want to?"

Even though it seemed fast, I decided to go with it.

There wasn't much of a reason not to since I liked him so much already.

"Yeah..." I answered, blushing slightly.

Darius smiled and held my hand, bringing it closer to his lips before giving it a small peck.

What a gentleman...

After that, we continued eating our picnic food and talking about random things.

When I asked him about his love life, I learnt that he had never dated in the past and this was his first relationship.

Darius was also my first.

I looked up at the night sky, admiring the stars that resembled specks of white paint on a dark canvas.

After staring at them for a while, I yawned, feeling a little sleepy.

"Can I hold you?" Darius asked.

My eyes widened slightly, not expecting such a question.

I smiled and nodded.

Darius gently pulled me towards him, allowing me to lean against his chest and rest my head on his shoulder.

I could feel his chest rising and falling, lulling me to sleep.

Before I fell asleep, I noticed something about Darius.

I've always wondered what the familiar scent was and now I recognised it.

"Tulips," I muttered out unintentionally before I drifted into sleep.

Darius smells like tulips.

*********

When I woke up, I realised that I wasn't in my bed, but Darius'.

Wait, what?

I sat up immediately, confused about how I ended up here.

I looked around the room, noticing that Darius wasn't there.

I was still in my outfit from last night and it felt slightly uncomfortable.

Suddenly, I noticed that there was a t-shirt and a pair of shorts on the corner of the bed.

I moved closer to it, finding a small note that said, "I think you'll be feeling uncomfortable, so you can change into these if you want. By the way, I'm going to sleep on the couch, so don't worry. -D"

Aw, he's so considerate, though I feel bad that he went to sleep on the couch.

I should go check on him and thank him.

I quickly took the clothes and got changed in the bathroom.

The shirt was oversized on me and the shorts were comfortable.