Chapter 10

"Mother, I trust that you will ensure that my beloved enjoys herself." Axel calmly said as his arm that laid lazily around my waist flexed as he somewhat tightened his hold around it.

"Hush Son, have faith in the woman that raised you, will you?" Flora softly sighed at her son's obvious concern.

"I don't recall having Atlas this concerned about me during our first outing, do you?" Aurora teasingly asked Flora with a raised eyebrow

"Come to think of it, I don't." Flora played along with a smirk, sending Atlas a pointed look.

"What?" Atlas defended himself with raised hands in surrender," I trusted you all to take care of my beloved unlike somebody I know." He cleared his throat pointedly as he looked at Axel and I from the corner of his eye.

"Then they wonder why my trust in them is so miniscule." Axel softly sighed, making a soft giggle in amusement leave my lips at the two brothers almost opposite personas.

My gentle laughter had Axel looking down at me questioningly.

I turned in his arm so that I was partially facing his chest while facing his family before placing my left hand against his chest, well part of his chest," Axel, I'll be fine, I promise." I assured with what I hoped to be a reassuring smile.

He softly sighed before lifting his hand to tenderly press it against my cheek in an almost featherlight caress of his palm against my cheek as he gently cupped it in his palm. His thump slowly and gently caressed my cheek in a comforting manner that I understood was more for him than was for me. He seemed to need reassurance when it came to me, which was sometimes puzzling but cute at the same time.

"Please do not hesitate to call me, Beloved. I mean it." He sternly directed with that same spark of concern flickering dimly in his eyes as if it were meant to be hidden.

"I won't." I reassuringly smiled at him.

He looked at me with trust and belief of my words but he still had lingering traces of concern that I doubt would dissipate until I was back home, back in his arms.

"My isn't he cute." Aurora cooed at Axel receiving a glare from him in response.

I reached my hand to his frowning features, letting my fingers gently grace his jaw in order to distract him from his glaring, which was a success because he turned his whole focus to me again.

Seeming to read my mind, he lifted me up with his one arm that was still securely secured around my waist. The hard ground against my feet suddenly disappeared into thin air as my feet were greeted by nothing. His height made me completely leave the ground everytime he lifted me up.

I smiled at him in gratitude before leaning in to allow my lips to gently brush against the soft skin of his cleanly shaven, bare cheek.

"Darling, if you wish to comfort me, I would prefer a different approach." He whispered against my ear, letting his lips lightly brush my ear as he spoke, making warm air brush my ear causing shivers to run down teasingly down my spine.

Before I could even ask, his lips had lightly brushed my own in a featherlight, almost non-existent brush of our lips. It felt like sparks ignited from the small, almost non-existent contact that greedily took away my capability to breath as my heart skipped a beat from the breath staggering contact that made butterflies flutter mercilessly in my stomach as my knees went weak.

The contact between our lips was less than a minute, but by the time he moved his lips away, mine were left craving his more and my mind had gone incoherent. My body was raging in hormones as sparks tickled me from head to toe, the feeling was simply euphoric. My eyes slowly connected with his beautiful but void ones allowing me to gather my bearings in silence.