Chapter 16

My internal rant started making me even more dizzy as panic covered me like a blanket, that is until I felt a familiar touch on my hand. My mind instantly felt calm and my thoughts clearer. Panic no longer clouded my senses as Axel softly caress my hand.

At that moment, I felt more courage to make my vows even though I knew they wouldn't be grand.

Axel, my vows will be kept short because these are the only promises I'm definitely sure to keep.

I will always respect you. I will always support your greatest ventures as long as they don't put your life at risk. I will fight for our relationship until there's no fight left in me. I will forever be your home, just as you're mine for as long as you will allow me. I will always try to take care of you when you need me most. I will be your shoulder to cry on for as long as you need me to be. I will love you for as long as fate and life wills it and lastly, I will forever be loyal to you as long as you're mine and I'm yours.

Like a program or questionnaire, a question appeared in my mind, the one I have been dreading since Aurora told me about choosing a vow. Surprisingly though, I already knew the right one for me, ' I will forever be loyal to you as long as you're mine and I'm yours' I responded before my mind went blank as I opened my eyes to be greeted by the sight of Axel's warm smile. I weakly returned the smile even though my head felt light like a cloud even as Axel pressed a soft kiss to my temple.

"Are you feeling alright?" Zaina carefully asked.

"Yes," I weakly responded," Just a bit light headed."

"Alright, those are normal effects from the mind reader," She reassuringly smiled at me,"Now to complete the rest of process. What ornament would you like to have and on which part of your bodies?"

"What would you like, my Love?" Axel immediately asked me.

I lightly chuckled in amusement as I answered," A ring, if that's okay with you." I responded.

"Okay, please put your left hand in here." Zaina directed to something that looked like a nail polish dryer machine that floated above the table.

I obediently obliged to her directions as I stuck my left hand into the contraption until it reached my wrist. A few seconds later, a stinging and burning sensation around my ring finger began, making me cringe and suck in a sharp breath at the pain.

Axel tried to keep me calm, even as tears lined my eyes at the pain. He cooed at me and coaxed me with sweet words that only made the tears fall from my eyes until I felt even more light headed and dizzy.

"Do you know why we use our left hands?" Zaina asked, probably also trying to get me to ignore the pain.

I weakly shook my head even as my vision turned even more blurry as I felt the world spin around me as Zaina's voice started disappearing.

"It's because your heart is the left side of your body." She explained even as her voice seemed to be just above a whisper now.

"Ohhh." I weakly whispered in response before I was pulled into a peaceful oblivion.

~~~~~

A groan softly left my lips as I slowly opened my heavy eyes. When did I get here? What happened? Why do I have a slight headache?

I was in Axel and I's room, but it was practically dark in here aside the moonlight that sipped into the room and eliminated the darkness. It was clearly evening already.

Just as I was about to rack my brain for answers, the door opened and I was greeted by my favourite ocean blue orbs.

"Good evening, Darling. I'm glad you have finally awoken. May I turn on the lights?" He asked.