Chapter 14

"We're back!" Aurora announced as we walked into the cool house with Zarya closing the door.

In a blink of an eye, Axel stood leaning against the wall with his arms firmly crossed against his chest as a small smile marred his features," Welcome back." He greeted with a lazy smile. The black

"Couldn't wait for them to return, could you?" Atlas retorted as he also appeared out of nowhere wearing a smirk in amusement.

Axel lazily shrugged before teasingly responding," Of course, they were carrying something that held great value and utmost importance for my life."

"Oh jeez, so we have no value?" Aurora playfully fired at Axel who shrugged.

"Of course not, Sister. You weigh almost of equal value to that said person." He innocently responded as he sent me a discreet wink that had my cheeks flushing in embarrassment.

"Don't worry, Hon. You have a lot of value in my heart." Atlas faked a sniffle as he ran to hug his wife who sighed in amusement at his childish ways.

"If you will all excuse us," Axel announced as he pushed himself off the wall and let his arms slip to his sides. Before I could even interject, Axel has me in his arms as he carried me bridal style with his other hand carrying the package I had collected from the Automated Shopping Machine. "My beloved and I need some time to ourselves until further notice. Hold on tight, my Love." He advised to which I obediently obliged by clutching onto his chest while burring my face into the warmth of his chest.

Wind hit me as Axel literally raced through the house for what felt like a second before he came to a standstill.

"You may open your eyes, Beloved," He coaxed, prompting me to open the eyes I never knew I had closed just to be greeted by the familiar sight of our bed. 'Our' I never thought I'd ever say or think in that way when it came to Axel and I. "Penny for your thoughts, my Love."

His words had me looking up at him with a small smile,"I'm just thinking about how I can actually say the bed is ours rather than saying it's just yours."

A smile beamed from his own features as he leaned down to press a kiss onto my forehead," I'm glad you finally think that way." He whispered against my forehead, making ripples flow down my spine. He carefully made his way to the bed with me still comfortably cuddled into his arms like a bed sitting comfortably in its nest.

We stopped in front of the bed where Axel carefully and gently placed me on the bed so I was laying on it with my back. The coolness of the covers sipped into my warm skin, making shivers run down my spine at the unexpected cold.

He laid his body next to mine before hooking his arm over my waist and nudging me towards him until my head was laid on his chest. Every single beat of his heart ricocheted clearly into my ear, like a lullaby it soothed my body and brought me to a stage of peace and serenity. Nothing mattered but Axel and I at that point. We were the only people in our own world.

"My Love," Axel softly began as his hand gently dug itself into my hair and soothingly raked through my hair." Do you recall that we shall be flying to Harmonia next week?" He asked.

"Yes, I do." I calmly responded as my finger absentmindedly started drawing patterns over his chest, right next to my head.

"Well, Harmonia is more traditional as compared to Estaria," He cautiously paused, making my eyes fleet over his face to find his eyebrows carefully scrunched in thought as a frown marred his lips. My hand shot up to his cheek to softly caress it in an attempt to smoothen the strain made by his frown. His eyes drifted to my own as his frown relaxed into a soft smile as he moved his head to place a peck on my wrist," Beautiful, you and I are yet to be wed so in Harmonia we shall have seperate rooms unless we wed before we leave."