Chapter 9

Elizabeth's POV

Opening my eyes, I was met with the orange hue of the sun. I straightened up and scoped the room. It was basically the same as the one on the spaceship. It had three grey couches at the side facing a wall.

Turning my head, I found two doors. I assume a bathroom and a closet.

The sound of a door opening had me turning to the direction of the sound.

"Good afternoon, Darling. How was your rest?" Asked Axel with a barely visible smile as he strode towards me.

My eyes greedily and shamefully roamed his masculine build, making butterflies flutter in my stomach at his very visible firmness. The way the black T-shirt clung to his body and outlined every single line didn't go unnoticed by my prying eyes that greedily drank in his fit physique. I unconsciously gulped as my eyes roamed his jeans cladded legs that seemed to bulge out with tight muscle. I had to ask myself if he chose such tight, hugging jeans for a reason. His every muscle was as visible as day from the black, extremely skinny jeans.

My eyes slowly went up his legs, spotting the hand that was securely stuffed into his pocket. My eyes seemed to be pulled in by that one as I raked my eyes up his naked arm, my eyes drinking in every bump of muscle that was visible to it's sight.

By the time I was looking straight into his eyes, I felt breathless.

A twinkle of a spark shone in his eyes, one that held amusement and an emotion I failed to read. My face instantly flushed at the realisation of what I had to shamelessly done and the worst part is, I was most likely caught.

My teeth instantly went to abuse my poor lip as I looked at my hands that I had clasped tightly on my lap during my exploration.

Regardless of all that, I must admit that this is the most humanly he has looked. I mean, he had on white sneakers today. His outfit screamed human to me, well that is when you also disregard his silver and black hair that he had neatly swept back.

"Darling, are you alright? You seem absent." He calmly said, but even so, I could swear that was a tinge of amusement and pride lacing his casual words.

I shyly looked up to find a silver and black streak of hair teasing the corner of his eye. As if my lungs had been charmed, my breath hitched for a second as I silently nodded.

"I'm alright." I softly replied, as I looked up at him from my eyelashes.

"Are you certain? Your behaviour seems rather peculiar," He slightly tilted his head with a confusion clearly showing from his face. I opened my mouth to respond, just to feel the gentle caress of the back of his hand against my forehead as his chest appeared in my line of view, surrounding me in his familiar, manly musk.

My breath seemed to get stuck in my throat as I forgot how to breath due to our close proximity. He slowly moved away, allowing me to freely breath again as my heart crazily raced in my chest as if it were threatening to rip itself out of my chest.

His eyes connected with mine with confusion still visible on his features but invisible from his orbs.

"What is the matter, my Love? You do not seem like your normal self and I cannot detect a single symptom of a cold aside your flushed features, so it cannot be a fever or cold." He said with a tilted head in confusion that didn't fail to make him adorable in my eyes.

"It's nothing, Axel. I'm alright, just a bit flustered, I suppose." I whispered the last part in embarrassment.

"Flustered? Why are you flustered, Darling?" He asked, making the colour completely drain from my face if that was possible.