Chapter 11

My heart pummeled in my chest as I stood outside of the familiar door that led into Axel's room. Thoughts, more of insecurities clouded my senses as I took a once off of my look. Would Axel approve of my new hairstyle? Would he like it?

Taking a deep shaky breath, I moved my sweaty palms to the scanner and scanned my wristband to open the door. All my answers won't be answered until I see him and he sees me, so stalling is just a waste of time.

The moment my foot entered through the door, I was engulfed by a firm, mascular build as the body embraced me into its familiar scent and warmth.

"Finally," Axel's calm voice softly filled my ears as his muscles seemed to relax while mine remained tense with surprise." I missed you...you look stunning, my Love."

At those words, my heart skipped a beat as a small gasp of surprise left my lips. Flora and Aurora were right. A small smile laced my lips as my muscles loosened and relaxed, the surprise slowly starting to wear off. I lifted my arms to his stomach and kept them between us before I looked up at his eyes," Thank you," I softly answered before admitting,"I missed you too." I slightly tilted my head with a smile.

At my own words, a small smile lit up his face as his eyes molded into a beautiful blue with silver specks.

"Those simple words have filled my heart with more joy than you could ever be aware of, Beloved." He said as his arms slightly tightened around my waist, but not enough to hurt me, just enough for me to feel his happiness flow from him and into me.

A smile laced my lips as I snuggled even further into his chest. His warmth freely sipped into my own body as his scent embraced me.

We stood like that for a while, both of us enjoying the moment while probably also deep in our own thoughts.

His arms loosening around my waist had me snapping back to reality as I looked up at him.

"I greatly enjoy this position, however I have important matters that require my immediate attention before we leave for Harmonia." He explained.

His words had my heart painfully dropping to my stomach as it squeezed in what I could only understand as fear and anxiety.

"You are leaving?" I carefully asked.

He shook his head with calmness marring his features as he moved a bit away, taking my left his in his before lifting it up to his lips.

"We are," He corrected, making his warm breath caress my lips with each word before placing featherlight kisses on my knuckles. My breathing hitched as my heart did somersaults at the soft, almost nonexistent touch of his lips brushing past the skin of my knuckles," You belong by my side just as I belong by yours."

His words made my heart erratically thump in my chest as if it were threatening to break out of my chest.

"Oh." I meekly answered at a loss of words.

"I have no doubt Zarya is eagerly awaiting for your arrival in her room. She gave me her word that she would assist you with your garment shopping this evening." Axel said, thankful changing the topic that rendered me both speechless and immobile.

"Really? Are the malls or shops open?" I curiously asked as Axel stepped away and moved to sit on the chair that faced a table with a  holographic screen with symbols I could not decipher from my distance.

"I believe they are however, you will not be leaving the premises." He plainly responded with his eyes locked firmly with mine.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because we will have your clothing delivered tomorrow. You will simply need to choose from the website." He explained before a robotic male voice filled the room and softly ricocheted across the spacious walls of the room.