Chapter 19

Soft pecks being peppered all over my face pulled me out of my sleepy state as my eyes slowly fluttered open. The sight that greeted me was I sight I would like to wake up to every morning.

Axel's soft blue orbs stared back at me as he hovered above me with his hand gently cupping my cheek as he lightly caressed at if with his thump.

"Good morning, Sweetheart." He softly greeted as he leaned in to press a quick and tender kiss on my dry lips.

"Good morning." I responded sounding slightly muffled from speaking through closed teeth and slightly parted lips as I tried to save him from my morning breath.

"Darling, I shall be leaving for the meeting in a matter of minutes and Atlas will be here to keep you company until I return." He softly informed as he took a seat next to me and moved his hand from my cheek so he could twirl my hair around his finger.

"Do you know how long your meeting will be?" I absentmindedly asked as all the sleep drained from my eyes.

He merely shook his head in response before saying," I'm afraid we were not notified of a timeframe."

"But you'll be done before the ball, right?" I teasingly asked, receiving a smile and nod in assurance.

"Of course." He responded," Would you like to freshen up before Atlas and Aurora arrive or will you be continuing with your slumber?"

"I think I'll go freshen up." I responded as I made way to leave the bed.

"Our clothes were retrieved from the ship and delivered earlier this morning." He informed as he gestured to a long wardrobe like thing in the corner of the room before he placed a quick peck on my temple as he sat up against the headboard.

This room was smaller than Axel's room in his parents' house, but somehow, it was also spacious. It was painted in royal blue paint, with matching white floors and window rims. The windows were like Axel's home windows, they controlled the sunlight intake even though there were navy clue curtains decorating them at the sides of the windows were they hung on a rail of sort that went across the windows. There was a glass door next to the windows that revealed a beautiful, small balcony with a small table and chair.

The Queen sized bed was pushed against the same wall and was covered by matching blue and white bed covers and pillowcases. There was no TV or seating area in this room though which made it a mundane room. There was door leading to the bathroom on the adjacent wall with a mirror separating it from these tinted french doors.

The moment I hopped off the bed and made my way to our "portable" wardrobe, Axel was back to work and looking as handsome as ever.

He had on a pair of silver dress pants, a white vest tucked into the pants and a knee-length unbuttoned shirt that matched his silver dress shoes. His hair pulled back in his signature look to complete his look.

A smile made itself onto my lips as he raked his hand through his full hair, it wouldn't be Axel Bright if he didn't do that in the heat of a moment.

Turning around, I scanned my wrist band over the scanner lock of the "portable" wardrobe they had delivered earlier on, making the doors to reveal a few clothing items that had been hung the day prior. I had five outfits hung including two pairs of nightwear. In the bottom were two small shelves with a larger one below them and next to those were two equally large shelves that stored our shoes. Both Axel and I's clothes fit snuggly into this closet.

My eyes scanned over the my clothes until they landed on a pink knee-length jumpsuit which I remember was paired with a pair of leather, brown sandals. I swiftly grabbed my clothes and pulled out some underwear from the shelf that would go with it. By the time I had grabbed everything I would need for and after my shower, there was no space left in my arms.