eight

Samantha POV

We just left the house party.

Jake technically kicked Luke and I out, but we already leaving. Luke and i decided to just walk, due to the alcohol, besides it was only a few blocks away. We didn't talk for the whole walk but it was a good silence. Half way through our walk, Luke intertwined our fingers. I looked up to him smiling, he imitated the same action. A few minutes later we stood in front of the diner.

"Well we're here." Luke huffed, looking at the neon 'OPEN' sign.

"Yep" i said popping the 'p'.

Luke opened the diner door, and stepped back, letting me walk in. It was around 11:00, so not many people were here.

"OH MY GOD! ITS LUKE!" a girl, who looked about 15, yelled across the diner. I almost forgot that he was famous.

"Can i please get a picture Luke? I wont bother you anymore!" she said half walking half jogging over to us.

"Uh..." Luke hesitated, looking at me. I nod at him, telling him that it was fine. "Sure."

"Thank you so much, i love you so much!" the fan said while getting her phone out. Once she got her phone she took a couple of selfies with Luke.

"Would you like me to take a picture of you two?" I ask the girl.

"omg! Would you? Do you mind?!" the girl asked with excitement.

"Yeah of course. I don't mind at all!" I say, taking the girls phone. I take a couple of pictures of them.

"I know this is kind of weird to ask but could i take a picture with you Samantha?" the fan asked. I was so shocked she even knew my name.

"Uh yeah sure, of course, how do you know who i am?" i ask, still in shock.

"Well i keep up with the boys and their girlfriends, especially Luke." she said, now blushing.

"Oh Im not Luke's girlfriend, i'm just a close friend."

"Are you sure? I think you guys would be very cute." she said, smirking at me and then turning to Luke.

"You should really consider asking her out, you guys look very cute together" she whispered to Luke but she was still loud enough for me to hear, i smiled at the thought.

"I'll think about it." Luke whispered, once again loud enough for me to hear, and winked.

"Well i'll leave you two alone, thank you again for taking pictures with me." she said with a genuine smile.

"No problem." Luke and i yelled out at the time, we looked at each other and started to laugh.

We sat down at a booth, there were menus already on the table, kind of like Waffle House. We read through our menus, waiting for the waitress to come take our orders.

I begin to talk but am cut off by Luke.

"Oh sorry you go first." he says, apologizing.

"No it alright, you go ahead."

"I was just going to ask about the kiss. If you even wanted me to do it?" he asks now looking down, trying to avoid eye contact im sure.

"I kissed back, didn't I?" i say giving him reinsurance. Luke lifts his head slightly, looking into my eyes.

"Then why did you tell that fan that we were just friends?" he asked now pouting like a little puppy.

I take a deep breathe.

"Because thats all we are, i just don't want to rush into things Luke. But trust me i do like you, i just want to be sure." i say, getting kind of upset.

"Sammy we have technically known each other for a year." he says, sounding almost like a question.

"Yeah Luke, i know that but we just met in person a day ago." i argue.

"But Sammy i do like yo.." he's cut off.

"What can i get you two sweet kids to eat?" this older women ask Luke and I.

"Um I'll have a waffle with hash browns, please."I say looking over to Luke.

"Same thing as her. I would also like some chocolate milk."

"Ooh that sounds good! I'll have some as well, thank you."

"Coming right up." the waitress says and disappears into the back of the diner.

"As i was saying.." he says, but i cut him off.

"Listen Luke, i like you too but can we please just be friends for now" i say, grabbing his hand.

"Well..uh" he looks nervous and rubs the back of his neck.

"Do you think i could still, maybe, kiss you?" his cheeks turn to a dark pink shade.

"I don't know, can you?" i say leaning over the table, pecking his lips.

_________

I really appreciate all the reads and votes you guys give me. Please conyinue to comment and give me feed back :)

-Abby x