Drunk Confessions

Trigger Warnings: Alcohol, Strong Language
This takes place on the Monday after The First Day of the Rest of Their Lives
Word Count: 1345

Aziraphale sat in the back room of his bookshop with two empty wine glasses and bottles of wine strung across every table in the room. He heard the familiar sound of the Bentley's tires screeching on the concrete, and heard the sudden stop of Freddie Mercury's voice, and knew that Crowley was there. He heard the bell above the bookshop door jingle and then finally heard Crowley's voice. "Angel?"

"I'm in the back!" He heard Crowley's footsteps come into the back room and when Crowley saw the room he came to an abrupt halt. "Angel...what's going on?"

"Crowley, I had this absolutely brilliant idea! We don't have any work to do anymore, and Heaven and Hell won't be bothering us for a while. What if we get drunk?"

"We get drunk all the time, angel."

"What if we get drunk for the whole day and don't sober up? We always sober up! I don't think we've been drunk for more than 7 hours before. I would very much like to know the whole experience."

"Sounds fun to me. When do we start?"

"Right now."

Several drinks and 3 hours later, Crowley was sprawled out on the couch with Zira sitting criss-cross applesauce on the floor in front of the couch. They were (weirdly enough) talking about Jesus. "M'demon and he loved me. I showed him all the kingdomssss of the world. I ssssssupossssse he sssssstill loved me anyway...he never told me he didn't."

"Crowley, Crowley wait. I have a *hic* very important question."

"Uh-huh?"

"Would you rather have a...dog in a country home...OR have a tabby cat inna ol' apartment?"

"Ssssssee, I would have whatever you would have, becaussssse, in general, I would jussssst have a sssssssnake insssssstead."

"Queen sounds so pleasurable when I'm drunk."

"Really?" Crowley looked at the angel with wide eyes, and Aziraphale could in fact see them because Crowley had shed his glasses at the start of the day. He stood up and walked over to the record player, searching all of Aziraphale's records for the one that he had given him years ago when Freddie gave him some for free. When he finally found it he put it on the record and turned up the volume to the top sound. Freddie's voice started as Crowley stumbled his way back to where Aziraphale was sitting, holding an empty wine glass over his head like something else was going to come out. 'I can dim the lights and sing you songs full of sad things...' He got over to Zira and stuck down his hands and pulled the angel up. "Dance with me, angel." Aziraphale giggled and went out into the middle of the room, one of his hands still in Crowleys. Crowley moved Aziraphale's hands to his shoulders and put his own hands on Zira's waist. 'We can do the tango just for two...' They turned around in circles, Crowley singing along to Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy and Aziraphale focusing too hard on dancing, his tongue sticking out of his mouth. They moved around hopelessly, neither of them actually knowing how to dance properly. Who tripped over who is unknown, but they both tumbled to the ground so quickly they didn't have a chance to understand what was happening. That and the fact that they were drunk off of their asses. Aziraphale was flat on his back, and Crowley was on top of him, laughing so hard he was crying into the angel's chest. Zira was also laughing and when they both stopped laughing they realized where they were, and started blushing off their heads. "Ssssssorry, sssorry, I didn't mean to land on top of you."

"Crowley, it's okay. I know." Aziraphale sat up, Crowley still on top of him. Crowley was looking at the angel with wide eyes and red blush on his cheeks. He blinked a few times and then stood up, reaching down to help Aziraphale up afterward. Randomly Aziraphale plopped back onto the ground and did a makeshift summersault before making a gun out of his hands and pretending to shoot at a wine bottle. Seeing what he was doing, Crowley ran over to the wine bottle and knocked it off the table. "SCORE!" Aziraphale yelled as the red wine crept along the floorboards of the bookshop. He pretended to shoot another one, and again Crowley knocked it down. He pointed at another one and said, "That one is Gabriel! BANG!" Crowley knocked it over, the red wine spilling over the table and onto the floor, looking like blood. Zira rolled to the side and then struggled his way over to the couch. He climbed up on it and Crowley followed close behind. "He'sssss the Archangel Fucking Gabriel! That'sssss what he sssssaid to me. To you..."

"Why's he mean to me, Crowley?"

"He alsssso sssssaid 'shut your sssstupid mouth and die already' He's not allowed to be mean to my angel!"

"And what's even the problem anyway?"

"He desssserved the hellfire I tried to shoot at him."

"God's plan is ineffable! If She wanted the war She would have gotten one!"

"I wish I wasssss an angel ssssso I could go back up there and kill him."

"He is just mad cause I fell in love with a demon. Can't see what's so wrong with that anyway!"

"He doesn't know...wait...who?"

"Who what?"

"Who did you fall in love with?" Aziraphale turned a deep shade of red. Had he said that out loud? He mumbled to himself incoherently. Crowley had seemed to stop rambling and looked almost like he was sober. What was Zira going to say? What had he done? Oh, this was for sure going to ruin his friendship with the demon that he fought so hard to keep intact. He hadn't wanted a war, not only because he liked humanity, but because no matter who won he would've been separated from Crowley forever. A life without Crowley was a life that wasn't worth living.

"Angel?"

Aziraphale had been quiet for longer than he realized. Crowley sounded so gentle when he said that. Zira's heart was beating faster than it had been in 1941. He had his head down to avoid looking at Crowley. How was he supposed to explain that he had been in love with Crowley for longer than he knew? He realized it in the 1800s but still, his feelings must have started before that.

"Aziraphale...sober up." He did. In doing so he realized what he had said and started crying. Crowley pulled him into an embrace. "Angel, what's wrong?"

"It's you. I'm sorry I didn't mean to. I-I just..." he broke off as tears took over his words. "Oh angel, no need to be sorry. Look at me." Aziraphale looked up to meet the demon's eyes which, to his surprise, were full of love and concern. Crowley placed his hand on Aziraphale's cheek and smiled at him. "I love you, Aziraphale. I always have."

"I love you, Crowley." He put his hand on the demon's face and Crowley leaned into the touch. They slowly inched forward and then their lips connected. The heat that Aziraphale felt was overwhelming. How had he not felt all of Crowley's love? It was for the same reason that people in Times Square can't see America, the same reason that Anathema can't see Adam's aura. When they broke apart, Aziraphale was crying, and although Crowley was too, hell never admit it. They leaned back on the couch, Aziraphale with his head on the armrest and Crowley with his head resting on Zira's stomach. Crowley fell asleep feeling content and loved. Loved more than he ever thought anyone would ever love him. He never would have believed anyone could fall in love with him, much less an angel. Aziraphale felt safe. He felt safe and felt as if a weight had been lifted from his shoulders.