Consent

TW: None
Word Count: 530
Just a small reminder to always ask for consent, consent is sexy friends 😎

Aziraphale and Crowley were sitting in the bookshop, shoulder to shoulder. That was a new development. Aziraphale was sitting on his sofa, and Crowley, being Crowley, was sitting on the arm of the sofa leaning against Aziraphale. They were having a pleasant conversation. "Wanna drink?" Crowley inquired. "I don't see why not," Aziraphale responded. Crowley got up and poured them each some red wine. He say back down next to Aziraphale, but not on the arm of the couch. Directly next to Aziraphale. On the couch. He handed the angel his drink and Aziraphale took a sip. They continued to converse, and Crowley found himself staring at Aziraphale's empty hand, longing to hold it. After contemplating for a while he looked up at the angel and asked, "Angel, may I hold your hand?" 

The angel looked up at Crowley with wide eyes, blushed and looked down, and then smiled, "Yes." Crowley picked up his hand and held it gently in his own. He then started rubbing circles on the back of the angels hand with his thumb. Aziraphale's heart was beating wildly, he had hoped for this a long time and never thought his feelings were reciprocated. After a couple seconds of silence, and Crowley gently holding Aziraphale's hand, he brought the angels hand up to his mouth and looked up at the angel. The angel nodded in response. Crowley brought his lips gently to the angels hand, and Aziraphale felt every single tiny emotion Crowley had been bottling up come flowing out, and it covered Aziraphale in waves. Waves of love. Aziraphale sighed loudly, and he started getting teary-eyed.

"What's wrong, angel? Are you alright?"

"You let your walls down. Oh, Crowley, may I hug you?"

"'Course" Aziraphale lunged forward as fast as he could, not wanting to waste any more time. He wrapped his arms low around Crowley's waste and Crowley hugged Aziraphale around his shoulders. The angel cried into the demons chest, and said demon was burrowing his head in the angels neck, whispering calming things to him. After the angel had calmed down, they pulled back from the hug and looked into each other's eyes. Crowley lifted his hand to cup Aziraphale's cheek and paused mid air, about to ask if that was okay, when Aziraphale grabbed the others hand and placed it on his cheek. The angel leaned into Crowley's touch, and Crowley stroked the area under the angels eye gently.

"Aziraphale?" Crowley never used his real name.

"Yes?" The angel swallowed somewhat violently.

"Can I—Can I kiss you?" Crowley ducked his head.

"Yes, please do." It came out as a whisper.

Crowley sighed in relief and inched forward, and finally their lips connected gently. The both immediately melted into each other and when they broke apart, they were smiling more then they ever had before. Crowley burrowed his head into Aziraphale's neck, and they stayed there for a while, laying on the couch together in a comfortable silence.

"Crowley, dearest."

"Aziraphale, my angel."

"Crowley, I love you."

"Oh, angel, my angel. I love you too"