and a bottle of rum

Trigger Warnings: None
Word Count: 2468
This is my longest one yet and I am really proud of it!!

The Caribbean Sea, 1802

The outfits were a bit much. Aziraphale thought. Although he knew Crowley would love them. He would love the outfits but hate the job. Aziraphale was never one for breaking the law, but in this case, he would have to make an exception. All these people going off and stealing ships for the case of equality was a stubbornly beatific thing to be a part of.

"Captain!" Aziraphale was shaken out of his thoughts. "Yes, dear? What is it?" He realized he had been letting the hull get a little too far to the left and they were steering in a direction that he didn't want to be going in. The shipmate stood in front of him with a terrified expression on her face. Well, his. Kinda. She was in fact a woman, but the rest of the crew wouldn't take kindly to that. He dropped his voice to a whisper to talk to her. "Lass? Are you alright?"

"Cap'n Ezra, down in the cabin," she panted, "they be natterin', about Ching Shih, say shes comin' t' get us. All the mates down 'ere are frightenin' t' the bone. Wha''ll we do?"

"I'm sure there won't be a problem Joan. Ching Shih doesn't have a reason to be angry at us. We haven't broken a single rule in the Pirate Law."

"That's nah wha' the lads are frightenin' o', Ezra. Thar been rumors o' a new pirate, say more dangerous than Blackbeard, rulin' by 'er side." The ship swayed as if in response to her words. Aziraphale had known old Will Teach in his pirating days and he was never a bad man. He let him keep his reputation though. He thought for a moment. "What's this bloke's name?"

"They call 'im Cap'n Crowley. Seems like a weird name t' I, but maybe it's normal up in China."

"Captain Crowley, you say? I might know him."

"Know 'im? Well be he bad? Will he hurt us?"

"If he's seeking out our ship then it is a matter to deal with for me and me only. He won't hurt anyone."

"Thank ye, Cap'n Ezra. Fer everythin'. Fer keepin' us safe. Fer keepin' me safe."

"You are welcome, dear lass. Now run off, and become Joe again. I will see you at dinner." She ran off back down the ladder to the cabin and Aziraphale sighed and laughed at the same time. He grabbed the hull and shifted it in the direction Crowleys presence was strongest. They were taking a field trip.

Two Weeks Later

Aziraphale took off his hat and ruffled his hair. He was looking out at sea leaning over the side of the ship. Crowley was getting closer he could feel it, and as he sat there he thought he saw a ship. It must be a daydream, to get across the ocean that fast was impossible. But...yet again it's Crowley. He rubbed his eyes. There was a ship. "Crew! I need your help!" All of the men on his ship came running from various places. "Pull up the sails and ready the anchor! We have another ship that is coming towards us and an old friend is on it. I will be stopping to talk to him." The crew started bustling around the ship after Aziraphale was done speaking. His heart beat in anticipation and excitement. By the time the other ship rolled around, Aziraphale had food out ready for Crowley and the Pirate Queen. He had firmly told the crew to treat them with great hospitality. He had Joan and her companion, Will, put the board across so Crowley could pass. Aziraphale could see the hint of a smile on Crowley's face, but the demon quickly hid it. Aziraphale however, smiled fondly and let his smile show. "Crowley. It's been a while."

"Yes, it has. I see you've...changed."

"So have you. A splash of color in your black outfit I see."