By The By

Holy shit. Well if they weren't going to kick us out before, they definitely will now. As I'm about to walk into Anna and I's room I hear the door across the hall open.

     "Oh hey Leena! Up early!" Haz greeted me with a smile which hastily turned to concern. "Are you alright? Your face is really red!" Putting a hand to my face I felt how hot my cheeks were. I couldn't think of what to say and choked on my words. "I'll get you a glass of water!" He turned and raced down the stairs. Shit. Tom is gonna tell him. I need to wake up Anna and get ready to leave.

     I wake Anna up and briefly explain what happened telling her to start packing.

     "Why did you yell at him?" Anna was flabbergasted. "You're not usually the verbal assault type, you'll just brood or sulk?"

     "I don't know! Maybe I'm tired or frustrated?" I lied, well, partially. Those may be factors but I don't think I would have berated him if he didn't bring up Anna or my family. I didn't want to have to tell her what Tom said about her. "Or maybe I was just insulted by the way he portrayed me? Like how he thought I was conniving and shallow? I don't-"

     "Okay but I don't think you've ever argued with someone because of their judgment of you...?" She sounds suspicious, like she's onto me.

     "Well it doesn't really matter now cause we're gonna get thrown out so keep pack-" I was interrupted by a soft knock on the door. I don't think I'm ready for this. One confrontation per year is all I can take.

     "Come in!" Anna said, her voice sounded a little shaky.

     "Hey, hope I didn't wake you Anna," Haz said smiling as he entered holding a glass of water.

     "No, Leena just got me up," Anna responded returning a smaller smile.

     He handed me the glass and I drank some water.

     "Tom told me that your flight won't be until another two days? Sorry, I bet you're about ready to get home. But I can't say I'm disappointed to have you both here for another couple days." He said with a shy countenance. Anna and I subtly shared a confused look.

     "Are- are you sure?" I asked hoping he'll perceive my surprise as cordiality. Does he not care that I swore out his best friend? Cause there's no shot he doesn't know. Right? Why wouldn't Tom tell him?

     "Yeah of course! We can't let you two run wild in London for two days, stir up too much trouble!" He laughed and Anna joined in. She must really think he's cute because that was a twenty-something making a... dad joke? "But honestly, it's no hassle at all. And the boys seem to like you two so you don't have to worry about nothin." He smiled again; no wonder he does it so much, its very comforting. Despite there being a ticking time bomb of a man downstairs something about Harrison makes me feel like everything will be alright.

     "Thank you so much Harrison, you're really too kind," Anna nodded at my sentiments.

     "Please, call me Haz. It'll make things easier with Harry, and besides, I like to think we're friends." I've always had trouble calling people by their nicknames if its not what I first know them by. I feel like I'm not good enough friends with them to deserve to call them by a nickname and they'll think I'm weird or clingy. But I need to at least try. "I'm going to make breakfast, should be ready around 8? 8:30 maybe." And with that he left.

     Anna and I let out a relieved sign. I don't know what's going on but at least we don't have to go busking again.

     We get ready to go downstairs, staying in our clothes we do our makeup. There's no need to, but we don't have anything else to do. Making our way down a little after 8 we meet Haz finishing up breakfast. I ask him about using the washing machine and he kindly obliges.

     He had made eggs, toast and beans for breakfast along with an array of fruit. He went to call for Tom but returned saying he was not hungry. Harry came down halfway through breakfast with a glaringly positive attitude. Must be a morning person. Unlike his brother.

     After the meal I help Anna back upstairs and we collect some clothes we want washed. Leaving her to rest her foot I go back down to put them in the machines. As I was about to go back to Anna I hear Haz in another room call out my name. Rounding the corner I see him in a smallish room that has an L-shaped couch, armchair, coffee table and a tv with a console.

     "Hey, we were gonna put on a show if you and Anna want to watch, might beat sitting in a room all day!" I notice Tom sitting in the corner of the couch. He looked at me once from the corner of his eye but returned to his phone.

     "I'll go ask Anna and see how she's feeling," I said to him with an empty smile. I think how can two complete opposites be bestfriends as I climb the stairs. Haz is so inviting and warm while Tom is dejected and callous. I've heard opposites attract but how do they not make each other miserable?

     Making it up to the room I enter to see Anna looking in the mirror trying to perk up her boobs.

     "Um-" I start laughing heartily.

     "Okay wait-" she began to laugh as well, most likely recognizing how ridiculous she looks. "I saw this TikTok talking about how everyone wears the wrong bra size and how to check if yours is wrong and I was just curious," I was almost in tears.

     "The audacity you have to do that while at somebody else's house- you are hilarious," wiping away my tears and waiting for us to calm down I finally ask her. "Har- Haz was wondering if we wanted to watch tv downstairs."

     "Yes! Wait, is Tom down there?" I nod. "Unless that would be too awkward for you?"

     "I'm not sure, he hasn't said anything so far so maybe it'll be alright? I know you want to talk to Haz more though, so I'll go down for you," helping Anna down the stairs, we make it to the room Tom went into to take his call this morning.

     "Hey! Tom was just telling me that his parents invited us over for dinner tonight, would you guys be up for going? I know it might feel sudden but they're lovely." That sounds so uncomfortable-

     "We'd love to! We're really missing family right now, I think a family dinner might lift our spirits! Thank you so much Tom that's so kind." Anna responded excitedly. Pursing his lips he gave her a slight nod, not making eye contact with me.

     "Thank you," I said quietly. He didn't respond at all. I helped Anna sit down so she was beside Haz on the couch and I sat next to her.

     "What do you wanna watch mate?" Haz said to Tom. "You're always in the mood for Merlin." Tom let out an embarrassed scoff. I could see him smiling to himself.

     "Didn't need to expose me like that," he rest his head in one of his hands.

     "I love Merlin," I said. "My dad and I used to watch it together." I said looking towards the screen. I could feel eyes on me. I could tell from my peripherals it was Tom.