Home

"Still no word from Vision?" Ross asked, as Rhodes looked at the holographic conference table.

"Satellites lost him somewhere over Edinburgh," Rhodes replied.

"On a stolen quinjet with five of the world's most wanted criminals," Ross said.

Rhodey scoffed,"You know they're only criminals because you decided to call them that, right, sir?"

"Rhodes, your talent for horseshit rivals my own," Ross said.

"If it weren't for those accords, Vision would be standing right here," Rhodey said.

Ross stood up, his holographic form going to stand in front of Rhodey,"I remember your signature on those papers, Colonel."

"That's right," Rhodey said, stepping forward, drawing attention to his leg braces,"And I'm pretty sure I paid the price for that."

"You have second thoughts?" Ross asked.

"Not anymore," Rhodey replied, as Stiles, Wanda, Steve, Nat, Sam, and Vision walked into the room, Vision being supported by Sam.

"Mr. Secretary," Cap greeted politely.

"You got some nerve, I'll give you that," Ross said.

"You could use some of that," Nat retorted.

Stiles pursed his lips in a silent 'Oooooh'.

"The world's on fire. And you think all is forgiven?" Ross asked incredulously.

"I'm not looking for forgiveness," Steve replied,"And I'm way past asking for permission. Earth just lost her best defender. So, we're here to fight. And if you wanna stand in our way... we'll fight you too."

Ross turned to Rhodey,"Arrest them."

"All over it," Rhodey said sarcastically before ending the holographic call, and he turned to the others,"That's a court-marshall," He told them, then a smile broke out on his face,"It's great to see you Cap," He said, as Steve stepped forward and shook his hand.

"You too, Rhodey," Cap replied, as Nat stepped forward and gave Rhodey a hug.

"Well. You guys... really look like crap," Rhodey said, then his eyes went to Wanda,"Except for you, Wanda. You're... glowing?" He said, not sure if that was the right word.

Wanda smiled and shrugged, and Stiles hid his own smile in Wanda's hair as he kissed her head.

"Yeah, well, the hotels weren't exactly five star," Sam commented.

"Uh, I think you look great," A familiar voice said, and out of the shadows Bruce Banner walked into view,"Yeah, I'm back."

"Hi, Bruce," Nat said, a small smile on her face.

"Hey, Nat," Bruce greeted.

"What is happening?" Wanda whispered to Stiles confused.

"They made out before Bruce disappeared," Stiles answered his wife in an equally quiet whisper.

They had both gone into another room as they discussed a plan. Stiles sat in a chair while Wanda stood in the middle of the room, her arm across her middle.

"So we gotta assume they're coming back, right? And they can clearly find us. We need all hands on deck. Where's Clint?" Bruce said.

"After the whole Accords situation, he and Scott took a deal. It was too tough on their families," Nat replied.

"Who's Scott?" Bruce asked, confused.

"Ant-Man," Cap replied.

"There's an Ant-Man and a Spider-Man?" Bruce asked, surprised,"Okay, look... Thanos has the biggest army in the Universe. And he is not gonna stop until he... He gets...Vision's stone."

"So we have to protect it," Nat said.

"No, we have to destroy it," Vision interrupted, leaning against the glass window with a hand on his stab wound," I've been giving a good deal of thought to this entity in my head, about its nature. But also, its composition. I think if it were exposed to a sufficiently powerful energy source, something, very similar to its own signature, perhaps... Its molecular integrity could fail," He said, looking in between Stiles and Wanda.

"And you with it," Wanda said, looking at the android,"We're not having this conversation."

Vision looked to Stiles,"Eliminating the stone is the only way to be certain that Thanos can't get it."

"That's too high a price," Stiles replied.

"Only you both have the power to pay it," Vision told Wanda and Stiles, and he tried to take Wanda's hand but she backed up out of his reach, walked over to Stiles and sat on his lap taking his hand, intertwining their fingers.

"Thanos threatens half the Universe. One life cannot stand in the way of defeating him," Vision told the other Avengers.

"But it should," Cap said,"We don't trade lives, Vision."

Vision turned to Steve, walking up to him,"Captain, 70 years ago, you laid down your life to save how many millions of people. Tell me, why is this any different?"

Cap looked up at him, thinking of an answer but before he could, Bruce speaks up.

"Because you might have a choice. Your mind is made up of a complex construct of overlays. Jarvis, Ultron, Tony, me, the Stone. All of them mixed together. All of them learning from one another," Bruce informed them.

"You're saying that Vision is more than just the stone?" Stiles asked.

"I'm saying that... If we take out the stone, there's still a whole lot of Vision left. Perhaps the best parts," Bruce told them.

"Can we do that?" Nat asked.

"Not me. Not here," Bruce said, trying to think of a place.

Stiles looked down at Wanda's hand where her vibranium wedding ring was, trailing his finger over it a smile slowly grew on his face,"I know a place."

(A/N) Next chapter is going to be the battle.  Sorry it's so short.  Do you think Stiles will get snapped out of existence too?  What will happen next ?  Please comment.