Ch.7 Plotting with Assholes

Isla's POV:
I jolt awake at a knock on my door. I turn my head to the clock and groan.

"WHO IS IT AND WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT! ITS 4:30 IN THE MORNING!" I yell from my bed, not making any move to get up.

"It's Anthony, and we need to get ready for the jump and interrogation tonight. Can I please come in." He says through the door.

"First of all, what is this 'interrogation and jump thing'? And secondly, no you may not." I respond irritated. I want to go back to sleep.

"Listen," Anthony says walking into the room with his hands up, despite my prior request. "Ryder wants you to help us with strategy."

"Ok so I'm confused, what the actual hell will I be doing?"

"Basically we need to kidnap and interrogate a man by the name of James Brennan. He is the right hand man of Ryder's brother. Who we are currently plotting to take down. We need his brothers guy to do that. Ryder hates using guns, especially in his interrogations. Which is why he needs someone who can pack a punch. You."  Anthony says as I try to catch what he's saying but he's talking really fast.

I do get bits and pieces though. Such as the fact that I will have to punch someone in an interrogation because Ryder hates guns.

"Ok I'll be down in 10." I say with an eye roll, while stretching out of my bed. Anthony leaves without another word.

After 8 or so minutes, I am fully dressed and ready to go. My hair is up in a messy bun and I'm wearing tight black leggings with a cropped grey tee shirt. I also am wearing my favorite red converse. One of the guys must have stopped by my house to get my stuff earlier this morning.

I make my way down to Ryder's office. However I'm not in a rush. Why this guy has me so flustered? I couldn't tell you if I wanted to, but I know that it's going to make the atmosphere tenser than normal.

When I enter the office Ryder is standing behind his desk facing down at a pair of blueprints. Anthony is beside him glaring at Alec who is in the process of wrestling Elliott for a donut.

I cough loudly to gain their attention, and all eyes turned towards me. Much to my dismay, my eyes lock with Ryder's. For a second I think I see guilt flash across them. But that would be ridiculous. This is Ryder we are talking about.

"Oh look Sleepy Beauty has finally decided to grace us with her presence." Ryder says, his voice dripping in sarcasm. Ugh! He gets me so damn pissed.

"Oh fuck off." I snap. I am so not a morning person.

"Oooooh! Did someone wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?" Alec teases finally stealing the donut away from Elliott. I glare at him, and he pales. Holding my hand open, Alec sadly hands over his donut. Great! I'm starving!

"Let's just get this over with!" Ryder grumbles turning his attention back to the blue prints and photos. "This is our target, James Brennan." I follow Ryder's fingers to a photograph of a young Hispanic man. He looks to be about 24 and has a wicked undercut. "Tonight he will be headed to a club downtown called, Neon Nights. We will be there to grab him once we can get him alone-"

"And just how are we supposed to do that?" I interrupt earning a scowl from Ryder and shocked looks from the other guys. "Last I checked guys like James don't just go around town unprotected."

Ryder's lips turn up into a smirk. Oh no.

"That's where you come in princess." He says confirming my suspicions.

"Oh Fuck No! That is not happening!" I yell, no way am I gonna seduce a guy for Ryder's family issues.

"Oh yes princess. Oh yes." He responds grinning like a mad man.

"NO! NOT HAPPENING!"

"Yes!"

"NO F-ING WAY!"

"Yes! End of discussion! Your doing it."

"IM NOT GOING TO SEDUCE A GUY FOR YOU! HANDLE YOUR OWN F-ING FAMILY PROBLEMS OR GET YOUR BLONDE BIMBO TO DO IT!" Shit I should not have mentioned the blonde bitch. The guys all bolted out the door as I stared at an enraged Ryder. Seriously who does he think he is.

"You. Will. Do. What. I. Say." Ryder manages to spit out through clenched teeth. I swallowed a gulp. He won't see my fear. I won't let him. I bring my face eye level with him and look directly in his eyes.

"No." Before I can even register his movements. He had me pushed up against the wall.

"You will do what I fucking say!" He threatened. Ugh I'm sick of this.

"Fine. But don't expect it to come without a price." I say kneeing him in the crotch and exiting the room. Maybe one day we will have a discussion that doesn't end with him on the floor.

Ryder's POV:

I'm currently attempting to pull myself off of the floor. Note the fact I said attempting. Where in hell did she learn how to kick.

A knock resounds off of my door as I push my self into a sitting position.

"Who is it?" I ask. I'm really not in a going mood.

"Umm it's me." I hear my little sisters voice through the mahogany door. I may seem all tough, but I have a soft spot for all of my sisters. Although this voice I recognize to be just Malibu's.

"Come in Malibu." I say and the door creeks open. "Watcha up to kid?" I ask a she sits down in my lap.

"I was just wondering if you had time to play a game with me like we used to?" I stared down at the little girl in my lap. Oof that hit home.

"I don't know I'm kinda busy boo." I said while I fixed the messy braid in her hair.

"Please Ryderrrr!" She said with puppy dog eyes and a pouty lip. Crap! That kid knew my weak spot.

"Fine, just for a bit though. Are your sisters playing too?"

"Yep! We are gonna meet them in the play room!" She says with a grin, pulling me out of the office.

———————————————————————————
A/N Don't forget to vote, follow, and comment. (Every time a new vote, follow, or comment comes in I will add a chapter within 24 hours *while the story is ongoing*)

Also be sure to follow my Instagram @wattpad_thewritingbanana