Ch.14 Ricochet

This Chapter is dedicated to EmilyDukes0 for all her support and being an amazing friend. The character of Jade is also dedicated to her bc Ik she is her fav character <3

Don't forget to follow my Instagram @lizzie_writes_books
For constant updates

~Lizzie <3

Jade's POV:
It's been about a week since my birthday...and since Isla found me making out with my best friend, Evie.
Thankfully Isla is both super supportive and has kept true to her word. I'm glad that someone finally knows.

"Shit!" I hiss as I trip over the uneven sidewalk. Great, now my uniform has a rip. I'm currently on my way home from school. I generally have one of my brother's men pick me up, but it was a nice day out so I decided to walk. Apparently that was a mistake.

"I'm home!" I scream through the foyer of my large, echoey house once I open the door.

"Hey Jade. How was school?" Sienna asks, coming out of the kitchen.

"It was good I guess. Except for the walk home, do you think you could fix this?" I ask showing her the rip in my skirt.

"Yeah! Of course, just leave it in the laundry room tomorrow morning and I'll sew it up then. Wear your spear tomorrow instead."

"Thank you!" I say, walking past her and up the stairs. I pass the laundry room, changing and leaving  my skirt on top of the drying machine. After that's done I rush towards the library on the other end of the hall.

My huge house gets kinda overwhelming. Especially since I only use about five of the rooms. Out of all of them the library is my favorite. There is just something about being around the smell of books and leather chairs that soothes me.

I creak the door open a crack to make sure no ones in there and then step inside. Throwing my bag onto a chair I quickly make my way over to my favorite genre, fantasy.

I grab the ladder and move it over to the fantasy bookcase. I've read most of the books in this section, in the whole library actually. Life got pretty boring when your brother had you homeschooled until sixth grade.

I stopped halfway up the ladder, grabbing a book Evie wanted to borrow. The Deed of Paksenarrion. It's one of my favorites. I begin to move further up  until Isla bursts hastily into the room.

"Ryder needs you downstairs." She said, with serious  looking eyes.

This is not going to be good.

I'm screwed.

Isla's POV:
Ugh.

I let out a groan as my eyes adjust to the morning light that's poking through the sheer curtains. I look at the time, realizing it's already five. I stretch, yawning in the process, and get up to get ready. I'm way too tired for this. It's gonna be a long day.

After I'm finished with my shower and hygiene, I go to my dresser to find exercise clothes. Pulling out a white Nike sports bra and black runners shorts, I throw my hair into a high ponytail and lace up my sneakers while walking into the hall.

Thankfully I don't think anyone except the staff is up yet, meaning the indoor gym should be empty. I downstairs and sure enough the gym is silent. Punching bags hag from the ceiling completely still, treadmills are quite except for the quite hum of the machine itself, and the weights are collecting overnight dust in the corner of the room.

I head over to the equipment shelf on the far side of the room, looking for tape so my knuckles won't split when I punch.

Once that's done I'm ready to get to work. I walk over to the punching bag in the farthest part of the room from the door. Getting in my balanced offensive stance, I start.