Ch.11 Interrogations Pt.1

Ryder's POV:
Isla is suspected to wake up soon, once the drug is fully out of her system.

I don't know why I am so relieved, but I am. Once we got back I was in a full on panic.

James was already beginning to stir when we pulled into the drive, so my men had to quickly rush him into one of our cells.

Isla on the other had had shallow breathing and hadn't stirred once.

But she's gonna make it. Thankfully. I couldn't loose her before the interrogation. I need her strictly for her skills. That's it.

Unfortunately the interrogation is behind schedule already. I don't know how much longer we will have to wait.

"Ryder!" Anthony shouts as he bursts through my door. Again without knocking.

I love him and he is my best friend, but I'm seriously ticked off with him at the moment.

"What have I said about the kno-"

"Isla is awake." Anthony cuts me off, "Or, well, at least aware."

"What do you mean by aware?" I ask him cautiously

"I mean she's screaming about some really weird things."

"Shit, alright let's go."

On the way to Islas room all I hear is complete silence. Well, at least until a certain point.

Once we hit her hallway, I heard muffled screams. It would have been far worse if not for my homes soundproof walls.

I entered the room to see a thrashing Isla, screaming at someone to stop.

What the hell.

I quickly rushed over and pined her to the bed to stop the thrashing.

"Isla! Isla come on! Wake up!" I said while shaking her in an attempt to rid her of what ever she is experiencing.

"Isla!"

After a few moments, she calmed down. A lone tear streaked down her cheek and slowly her eyes began to open.

Then I was faced with her beautiful multi-colored eyes.

Beautiful.

She was.

But in order to protect her, I could never get close to her.

Isla's POV:
Once again my environment shifted. However this time I opened my eyes.

Coming face to face with Ryder Hill.

He was leaning down over me with an intended worried gaze locked in his eyes.

"Mhm" I coughed after a minute of his uncomfortable staring. What made it so uncomfortable was because it wasn't actually uncomfortable. In fact I kind of liked it.

No.

No I didn't.

Yes yes you did.

Oh shut up brain.

"I'll wait for you both downstairs." Anthony said, hurrying out of the doorway.

"Ugh." I groaned

"So how are you feeling and what were you screaming about." Ryder asked rubbing the back of his neck.