Ch.18 NightLife

Isla's POV:
I. Cannot. Sleep. I've been trying too for hours but the only thing that pops up in my mind is Ryder. It's a weird feeling. It makes me feel all butterfly like and shit.

I hate it.

"Damn I really need to do something." I say to my self around three.

Getting out of bed, I put my short shorts on underneath my oversized Aerosmith tee shirt, and creep into the hall.

I hear voice echoing from downstairs. Why anyone would choose to be doing something other than sleeping is beyond me.

Making as little noise as possible, I descend down the stairwell.

"Shit!" I hiss as I stub my toe on the banister.

I reach the kitchen with our any further injuries, thankfully, and am about to reach for a glass when a voice calls over from the living room.

"Hey Isla, is that you?" I hear someone call. I can make out the shadows of four figures in the open layout of the living room off the kitchen.

"Yeah." I say, but it comes out more like a question.

"Want to come play never-have-I-ever with us?" The same voice calls as I turn on the lights. It's Alec of course.

"Never-have-I-ever? Are we in middle school?" I ask dryly as I make out who else is in the room. Sahara is in between Elliott and Alec, Sienna is in the other side of Elliott, and in between Sienna and Alec, is shockingly, Ryder. They are all sprawled out on the floor, in a circular shape, with shot glasses and some sort of vodka in the center.

"Last time I checked middle schoolers don't play with cherry vodka." Alec laughs.

"Come on Isla! It'll be fun." Sahara insists.

"Why not." I say with a shrug, walking over to the gap between Alec and Ryder. It's not like I'm gonna sleep anyway.

"Alright I'll go first," Sahara announces with a smirk, "Never have I ever robbed a place before."

The three guys, plus me, all take a shot. The cherry vodka is really strong, burning the back of my throat as it goes down. At this rate everyone will be tipsy in no time. Maybe that's the point.

"Alright, my turn." Alec says proudly, "Never have I ever had a one night stand."

I shoot him a look of doubt, as does everyone else. Even Sahara.

"What I'm loyal to my amazing girlfriend. And we've been dating since freshman year, so that doesn't give much time to get laid." Alec defends with a shrug.

With his statement, everyone but Sahara and Elliott take a shot.

"Never have I ever blown something up." I say, while Ryder, Elliott and Alec shoot one back.

"Never have I ever gone skinny dipping." Sienna asks. This time me and Ryder are the only two to take one.

"Never have I ever stripped." Sahara asks next. Sienna and I both drink.

"Never have I ever done a keg stand." Elliott asks.
Everyone but Sienna takes a shot.

At this point Sahara is already tipsy, she really needs to learn how to hold her alcohol.

"Never have I ever gotten my heart broken." Sahara asks, slurring her words. Sienna, Ryder and I take one.

Everyone but Ryder and me are at least a bit tipsy now. Sahara is full on drunk.