Chapter 23 - Listen

Well, surprise guys. I don't know if this is a bad news or good news to you. I've been trying to write two or three books at the same time. One fantasy, one emotional one apocalyptic story. Updates will be slower than ever so, don't put too much hope in me updating frequently. Sorry for that thought.

Well then, enjoy the chapter!
**********************************
Yanaria and Celestia-san left after hugging me for one last time. They decided to leave me to make up my mind on what I wanted to do. Maybe because they saw change in my behavior and air, they had a glad expression and went out with a bright smile.

The sun was setting and Mia-chan would return later. I had already cleaned up the dishes and made up my mind. I sat on the couch in the living room to calm down. While it was true that I had made up my mind on what I want, I could not hold back the feeling of nervous and fear. I thought again and again what I should do and say if I faced them again. Nevertheless, one thing I was able to confirm was that whether they accept me or not, I will just accept it as my fate.

...hey, Wisdom?

«Yes, Master.»

If , if I ever break down in tears, will you be there for me?

«Answer. Even if you tell me that you'll be going into the bottom of the abyss, I will be with you. Even if the sun dies, even if the moon never rises and even if tomorrow is the end of time.»

Thank you, Wisdom.

I was glad that at least there was one person who will be with me no matter what happens. Wisdom was one of the people I believed the most. He would never lie to me. He would never ever betray me. Despite knowing him for as long as I had been into this world, never once he had spout any lie to me.

«Master, Individual Mia will be returning in approximately 15 seconds.»

Oh, thanks for the information.

«You are very much welcome, Master.»

As Wisdom said, Mia-chan's voice permeated through my house as she opened the door with a glowing smile on her face.

"Onee-chan, I'm home!"

"Welcome home, did you have fun?"

"Yeah! There are lots and lots of animals and big animals. Bird-san, Rabbit-chan like Luu-chan, Samba-san, Byakko-san, Miria-san, Leapy-san, Snaky-san and many more! They all are very nice to me! They played with me without getting tired! You know, I did race with them and-"

Mia-chan never stopped talking as she vigorously explained to me what she did with my familiars. I was glad and relieved to know that she did not feel intimidated or scares when she met with Byakko and the others. I felt like I can see her eyes glittering as she told me.

"-and then, Byakko-san suddenly touched my hand and a bluish white flame appeared! I was surprised at first but it did not hurt at all! Then, there's a weird but cool pattern on top of my hand!"

.....? What?

"Byakko-san said that he owed me one and to send my Mana to my hand if I ever need any help. I don't know what that means but since Byakko-san said that it's a gift for me, I am very happy!"

While Mia-chan was still talking about how she played with the familiars, I posed a question for Wisdom.

Wisdom, do you know what that mark means?

«Answer. Individual Byakko had given a mark of approval from him. This mark generally gives the receiver boost in physical strength, Mana, Mana control and affinities toward magic. As it is Individual Byakko's mark, she will have great affinity to fire magic. Furthermore, any beasts of lower level than Individual Byakko will be warned not to hurt Individual Mia since this mark also function as something to notify that Individual Mia is under his protection.»