Chapter 24 - Her

Hello guys! What's up? Long time no see. Let's not waste any more time and here we go!!

*********************************

Why? What did I do to deserve this? Why were they here? Where was this? This white space, which seemed to be endless, what was this place?

"Hey, Yuu-chan...How are you doing?"

The woman, who was my best friend from past life greeted me once more. She had the same face, demeanor and even voice. She was just the same as how I remembered her before. Adorable and cheerful, yet she seemed to be melancholic now.

This can't be true, she wouldn't be here. We're in two different worlds now.

I denied her existence. This was a dream, just a dream that would fade away when I wake up later. She was not real, only a mirage of my own memories and emotions. No matter how similar she was to Chisa, it was only a fake that I unintentionally created within my dream.

Same with the guy beside her, Hayato. He was also a fake. I should not feel attached or treated them as if they were the real one. I shouldn't.

...yes, I shouldn't. But...

".... I'm trying my best to live, I guess?"

It was inevitable as I was not someone who can stop my emotion from acting out. Despite how much I wanted to deny and stop interacting, I just spoke as if it there was nothing happening before. No betrayal, lies, or cheating. Just like how it used to be.

"...haha. That sure sounds like what you would answer."

Hayato chuckled as he commented. They were not real to me, yet they were very much similar to how I remembered them to be.

"By the way, Yuu-chan. You look more gorgeous than before, aren't you?"

"E-eh, you think so?"

"Yeah. If I have to point some things out, your hair looks smoother and shining, your skin seems healthier and glowing, your face, it's perfect ten. I even wonder, are you the same Yuu-chan that I know? But, judging from your responses, you're definitely Yuu-chan after all."

With hands on her waist, she sighed and smiled while pointing out what seemed different about me. I had never really notice it before but my appearance had changed little by little, positively of course.

"But you, Chisa. You don't seem like you've changed at all since the last time I met you."

"...ahh, so that's how it is. Yuu-chan, where do you think we are?"

"I don't know, my dream maybe?"

"Well, that's not entirely wrong I guess. How about letting Hayato explain it? You know how bad I am at things like teaching and explaining."

Chisa laughed emptily as she criticized herself. Yup, she was just like how Chisa really was. I switched my attention to Hayato who had a wise smile as if he had lived a long time. I didn't know why, but both of them seemed like they had lived way longer than me. It was like they had lived a full lifetime. Furthermore, they were acting like they had lived with each other for a period of time that I never knew of.

"Okay, I'll handle the explanation. Will you hear what I, what we want to say, Yuuki?"

Hayato asked, as if he was waiting for me to give him the permission to do so.

"Yuu-chan, it's okay if you don't want to hear what we want to talk about. It's your right to do so. We owe you so much after all. However, we would really appreciate if you are willing to listen to us, even if it is only once."