Chapter 15 - Revival And Reunion

Well, hello again my readers. Nothing much to say except, enjoy!

*****************************
Three divines descended upon the world and silence intruded the  place where I  and the Spirit King, Alveadra had been. No words were uttered nor sound could be heard.

I looked up to see Yanaria standing while descending upon the ground with her goddess mode which I had never seen in a long time. The only time I had ever seen her like that was the first time I met her. There was an ethereal aura radiating from her which make most people worship her but it did not affect me somehow.

Shin, the god of life and death was releasing the sinister and cold aura of death to the surrounding which pressured all of the being around to feel scared. Even Alveadra was currently trembling when he was glared by him in the eyes. The black eyes void of life made him ten times far more frightening than before. His freezing aura overwhelmed the whole place that even Yanaria's aura felt like nothing.

On the other hand, the other goddess aura was very much the opposite of Shin. She was radiating a gentle and warm aura like a mother. Although her aura was nothing compared to Shin, it clearly made Yanaria's like a mere shadow.

The woman has a lustrous blue hair which was long enough to reach her waist. Her deep emerald eyes looked like jewels shining in the sea. Her face is exceptionally beautiful and has a gentle and comforting expression. Her soft smile certainly would never lose to any woman in this world. She was taller than Yanaria and as tall as Shin.

But, even after knowing they had descended, I turned back to my now lifeless white lion, Samba who lost his black colour. What I pay the most attention is him. I had no care for anything other than him for now.

"Why are you attacking my friend here, Spirit King?"

Yanaria questioned Alveadra who was trembling under Shin's pressure. Her face was like an emotionless machine. The warmth that I knew of her was nowhere to be felt.

"S-she, h-her familiar had a-attacked my son first, oh my goddess! I-I merely trying to protect my son and I!"

Alveadra dared to spout lies about the whole situation. While Samba and Byakko did attack, they only retaliated after his son tried to attack me.

We did not by any means attack them first. Samba and Byakko only fight back after I was attacked. I even tried to avoid it from being a big fight with the son yet he attacked me despite that.

And now, he dared to lie about it...about Samba who protected me from his son's assault....

"Don't you dare spout such lies!! Samba did not attack your son first! It's your son who tried to attack me but failed as Samba stopped him!!"

For the first time in my second life, I shouted with tears rolling down my face. My mask and blindfold were long gone even before the fight. My entire face could be seen for all. I did not attempt to hide it at all, or rather I did not even care about it at all.

From others' eyes, they would only see a girl wailing in tears due to the death of her loved lion.

"T-that's not true! They tried to kill my son!! I was afraid of that, therefore–!"

"Liars!! You're the one who tried to kill me! Because of that, Samba protected me, he used his power to fight you! But his power is too powerful and may cause terrible destruction....so, I want him to stop... because of that....."

I could not end my words as the sorrow was too heavy for me to hold on. I could not explain the whole situation. My tears bursted again and I held Samba's big body in my arms while stroking his fur as he wished before he died.