Chapter 16.5 - A Day With The God Of Life And Death

A new chapter. Enjoy~
*****************************
Yanaria's POV

Today was the day. The day where a decisive battle would be fought. It was the day where I will go on a date with Shin-sama, the god of life and death who I have been admiring all this time.

Truth to be told, I could not believe that he would ask me on a date since from what I heard, he had never spend any time with any goddess or god from the moment he was created. With his outstanding looks and abilities, he was confessed to countless times by hundreds of goddesses who were my seniors and juniors but none was victorious at all.

He was cold to almost all of the gods and goddesses except for a minority of them. From what I know, the only gods and goddesses who he was close to were Celestia-san, the goddess of healing who was warm to all, Creator, the most powerful god who I have never met before and Chronos-sama, the god of time who was the god who rival Shin-sama in power.

Excluding those, he rarely communicate with the others.

Therefore, when I had the opportunity to go on a date with him, I was very grateful to Yuuki, my beloved best friend. Compared to me, she was the real goddess for me.

Yuuki was one peculiar human who did not wish for anything grand from the gods. The first time I met her, she was very different from any of my humans.

She was warm and kind. While one could mistook her for unsocial, she was the type that would place one in a comforting state. She was someone who would definitely be your first choice to go for comfort if you're stressed or pressured.

She treated me like how a friend would, not like a goddess to be worshipped. I was really glad to have her as my friend.

Back to me, I prepared myself to face the upcoming battle.

Since it was better not to look too desperate, I decided to wear a light and soothing dress which Yuuki gave to me as a present sometime ago. It was a one piece dress that was not too flashy but still attracting.

I decided not to wear any jewelry since I pretty much don't have any sense of it. Even the bracelet I made for Yuuki took a while of hard work to finish.

After that, I checked my hair for anything wrong but found nothing which I was grateful of.

Then, after looking at the mirror and taking a deep breath, I went to the promised meeting place with my heart pounding hard. I was nervous to know how the day will progress. Hopefully, I could make some progress and avoid regress if anything happens.

As I arrived via teleportation, I saw Shin-sama in a fresh new attire. He wore a light clothing which did not really emphasized his body shape but somehow made him look attractive to my eyes. On his face was a faint smile which made my heart skip a beat but I acted like it was nothing and replied with a smile of my own.

"Oh. You've arrived, Yanaria."

"I'm sorry. Am I late?"

"Not really. It was quite calming to see creations interact with one another."

Shin-sama told me while gazing at the citizens of Skyfall which was the biggest city in my world. It was located in the Glavias Empire, the strongest, biggest and the most advanced nation in my world. It was a relatively safe place despite being huge and bustled.

"Well then, where do you want to go first?"

Shin-sama asked me with an excited look. He seemed to be eager to walk around. I'm glad to know that I was not the only one looking forward to this. His expression made me thought that he was like an excited child looking forward for an expedition.