Chapter 17 - Visiting The Village Again!

A new chapter has come! Please enjoy. Sorry for the long wait. I just couldn't find both the time and motivation.
*****************************
After the visit of Shin, Celestia and Yanaria, a few days had passed already. Samba did not wake up yet but he was certainly breathing and his condition was fine. Even though Shin had already said he would be all right, I still felt a little unsettled when I saw him sleeping for a few days. However, I believed that he would wake up given enough time. I just had to wait for a while.

Then, after another couple of days, Samba woke up. I didn't notice that he had already waken up until I brushed his fur. Only then, I saw his eyes were opened albeit a little. I was surprised but happy to know that he woke up. I asked him many questions like 'are you all right?' and 'do you feel any discomfort?', but he only replied me with a silent look. However, I understood what he meant by that since he was my familiar.

He was fine. He meant to say that. Samba's silent attitude returned. He was not as talkative as he was when he was angry. I didn't hate that.

Although Samba had waken up, I did not let him do anything outrageous and just nursed him until I feel like he was in perfect condition. Only then, I let him do what he wanted to do. I took a few days to make sure he did not do the same thing again like before where he sacrificed himself just to fulfill my wish. I made sure to engrave that into his mind that I didn't want him to die for my selfish wish.

I didn't know whether he truly understand or not but I'll let it be for now.

Thus, a week or so had passed as I took care of Samba.

*****************************

"It has been a while since I visited the village..."

I muttered out loud as I drank Floria Tea on the second floor of my house. I thought of the villagers who treated me kindly even though they were so suspicious of me in the beginning. I remembered Mia-chan, the girl who treated me like an older sister to her.

I missed the village already. How long had it been since the last time I went there? It had not been a year, right? I felt like I lost my sense of time after reincarnating.

Wisdom, how long has it been since I last visited the village?

«Answer. Approximately five months, Master.»

That long, huh...

Maybe it was true that my sense of time was getting worse. Well, it was not like I would be dying anytime soon as Shin already notified me. At worst, even if I die, I would not have any regret at all.

The village, should I go there?

Thinking about the village, it made me feel like talking to people again. Sure, it was fun hanging out with my familiars and Wisdom. But, sometimes I would like to chat with normal people. Making up my mind, I decided to visit the village today since the sun was still up in the sky. It would probably take not too long if I ride on Byakko.

I wore my blindfold and donned my mask. I also made sure to wear an attire which was not extravagant and eye-catching. I prepared myself enough to make sure my appearance was proper enough to meet someone.

After a few minutes preparing myself, I saw no flaw in my appearance. For the last check, I asked my most trustworthy partner.

Wisdom, do I look proper enough to meet anyone?

«Answer. Affirmative, Master. If anyone is to look at you at this moment, they will surely be unable to look away from you.»

Thank you, Wisdom. It seems to me that you have been very fluent in giving praises. You have quite the silver tongue, aren't you?