Chapter 10 - A Certain Village And A Blindfolded, Silent Woman

Chapter 10 completed. Let's see how our cute heroine socialize with other people in another world...

**************************

Third Person POV

Village

One bright morning, the village of  a hundred was greeted by a mysterious masked and blindfolded woman. She had a glossy, black hair which reach her waist and averagely tall for a woman. She seemed to be someone who have just turned into an adult.

A few villagers who noticed her, stared at her with caution as they were unsure if her intention. The woman carried a pencil and a book with her right hand, although it was a mystery why.

As she walked to the entrance, the village's guards stopped her.

"Stop, who are you? Why do you come here?"

One of the two men asked her. His eyes were full of vigilance and he looked like he would act appropriately if things gone south.

The woman was unfazed as she brought up her book and pencil. She opened the book and flipped a blank page while bringing her other hand to write on it.

The guard was confused at first but did not lower his vigilance.

Finished writing, she showed what she wrote to the guards without speaking one word.

The guards read it...

-I apologize for being suspicious. As you can see, I use writings to communicate. I am sorry for causing inconvenience in communicating but please understand. I do not want to show my face for an unsightly and embarrassing reason. I do not know if you will understand me but please do not ask.-

"Ah, I-I'm sorry. Can you tell me who you are?"

The guard was a little shaken as he read it.

The woman wrote again on her book.

-My name is Yuuki. I live in the mountains near this village. Since I have yet to see who my neighbours are, I wish to visit this village to see them. May I?-

"Y-yes, you can. But, please don't cause any commotion alright?"

-Thank you.-

The guards let her in as he did not see any hostility or danger of her. Rather, he felt like she was gonna be a huge benefit for the village.

In addition....

To have her face scarred as a girl of her age, what an unfortunate girl... furthermore, to be mute.... I pity that girl. At least, I should treat her softer after this.

It looked like he misunderstood something...

***************************
Yuuki's POV

It was strange to communicate with writing as I thought. However, it was somehow fun to do this.

Technically, I did not lie as I did not say I could not talk. I just said that I need to write to communicate.

By the way, the guards were very kind. They let me in even though I looked very suspicious. But, the looks in their eyes when they looked at me were somehow felt a little wrong. It was like I was a pitiful creature... maybe it was just my imagination.

Anyway, this village really looked like an RPG village. The beginning village of the hero. Their houses were simple and some of them looked like they almost fall onto the earth.

The villagers who noticed me, stared at me like a rare animal in zoo. As I thought, my attires were too conspicuous. Moreover, the blindfold and mask were the most conspicuous part of me.