what was i Thinking

I lay in my bed with an arm over my eyes,
I needed to avoid having nights like that. I reflected, as I felt something move next to me.
I realize it's a girl without looking.
"Ugh" I grown my head is pounding . What did I do last night?

I didn't recall even coming home.
I open my eyes slowly. And look around. I stand up and search for my clothes. This is bad, truly, truly bad, this isn't my apartment it's not my bed!
I don't know who the woman is." I grab my clothes and get dressed. Getting out of there as quick as I could,

I see my black motorcycle and hop on, driving fast to get back to my apartment and shower. Before I have to go back to work,, I serve at a nightclub.
Lots of drinking and lots of dancing and lots of ladies I'm the Bartender I'm busy most of the night but sometimes girls and yeah, even guys like to buy me drinks.
My head is killing me as I drive.
I vow I'll never drink again, and know I will tonight at work. I pull in at my apartment, hopping off my bike, leading it to the appropriate spot next to my car. Yeah, I have a car to it's junk I like my motorcycle better, it's faster and way cooler.
I kick the stand down.
I needed to work on my car and tune up my bike, but right now" what I need is aspirin and sleep" and maybe a shower.
That would be incredible. I hike up the stairs, I live on the 2snd floor in a one bedroom, one-bathroom apartment. It's small and not very nice,, but it's usually clean and everything works. I'm never here, anyway. Well, the elevator didn't work, hadn't since I moved in 3 years ago. But that meant little to me.
I reach in my pocket and draw out my keys as I shuffle to my door. Skylar, my neighbor, is trying to get in to her apartment. Her door sticks a lot. I should go help her, but I think she despises me.
I observe her for a minute before I feel bad and go over.
"Need help?"
I ask. She glowers at me.
"No, thanks. I got it,"
She yanks on her door knob, it doesn't move. I reach around her and push it hard. It clicks and opens. I smile, she storms in.
Slamming it in my face. I roll my eyes
"Why Thanks, Nick"
I mudder, in a girl like tone. Going to my own apartment, opening the door.
I see a note taped on my door I look it over before I yank it off and step in. Shutting the door behind me, I'll read  it later I fling it on the counter, walking into my bathroom. After my shower and aspirin, I go over to my couch, running a hand through my short dark brown hair.It's still wet. I flop down and go to sleep, forgetting everything. I think I'm dead for a couple of hours because when I wake up its dark and my cell is going off like crazy. I answer it, knowing it's my boss and Friend Scott.
"Hello," I say, even half asleep. "Where are you?, You 're late!"
He yells. Most of the time, Scott doesn't care what time we come in as long as it's before rush hour. But I had forgotten tonight was Friday night and lady's night.
What fun!
"Sorry dude, I'll be there soon,"
I say getting up
"you better be."
He hangs up on me. Yep, someone's in a foul mood. I change in to a black t-shirt and blue jeans with with the knees ripped out. I didn't buy them like that,, but they always ended up that style. Before running down to my car I look at the two before I deiced to take the car this time it's raining. When I get the thing started, I drive to work. When I got there, the place was packed.
I make my way to Scott, and he's really not happy, to say the least. I'm told to go to the bar, so I do. I start mixing drinks and taking orders. I'm mixing a pink and green drink when Scott comes and gets me.
" Phone for you!" he yells over the music. I look at him odd, Why would someone call me here?" Everyone I know and would want to talk to has my cell number. I call over to Jack, the other bar tender. I follow Scott to his office. It's dark in there the walls are a black with red trim even his desk is black. The lights are off, he turns them on as we walk in, the cooler air blows over me, bringing with it the smell of depression and old paper.
He hands me the phone. I glance at it, putting it to my ear.
"Hello?"
I say, wondering who it could be. "Mr. Pule" the woman's voice asks, I nod then remember she can't see me. so, I add "yes, this is he." I peer at Scott to see if he knows what this lady wants.
"Nick Pule?"
the woman says again.
"Yeah?, What's it to you?"
I ask Scott is looking at me oddly,
"I'm Kate Homes I'm with the state. We have been trying to get in touch with you for a long while now". "For?"
Right then the phone goes out. I look at Scott, he just pulled the code out of the wall. I put it down.
"What was that for?!" I yell throwing up my hands
he looks at me
" it's never good when you get a call like that at work, so do it on your own time"
he says calmly
"go back to work."
I shrug  and do as told

Later That night, after the bar closed, about 5 am I try to go home yes try my car won't start "that's just great" I breathe under my breath throwing my hands in the air. Getting out and kicking the tire hard. It was raining to the first drops just starting to hit me.
______________________________________________
Chapter 1 done tell me what you think vote comment ☺ leave me a comment if you need to ask me anything
And thinks for reading
Megan Rose Roach
and here flowers for you
©All rights reserved ©