this can't be right could it?

After my car didn't start, I started working on it, in the middle of the parking lot, in the rain, at night. What fun!, at least. I didn't drink tonight; I was too busy making them. I sigh and looked at my car, running a hand through my hair. I was soaking wet by the point I got the stupid thing started and was on my way home. I think I had to stop at every red light in this town . By the time I walked in the door, I was exhausted, and still wet. After I changed in to a pair of old pants. I didn't bother with a shirt as tired as I was I didn't think I could sleep maybe some TV will help I flip it on, turning it to the Simpsons I watch for a bit before I get bored, and pull out
My phone going on Tweeter scrolling through it and tweeting some friends, I followed some people back I tweeted:

Night people I'm going to bed down for maybe 2 Days yeah that sounds good #sleeping #workingnight

I send it, and get up and sigh. It's now almost 6 am, I need to go to bed and sleep for the 2 Days I'd said in my tweet. Just as I lay down on my bed, someone knocks on my door. I groan and pull myself out of bed. "Who in the name of all that is holy could it be at this hour? "I looked out the window in the bedroom, it's still raining. I walk to the door, I pause for a minute looking out the little peep hole I see black shoulder-length hair, tan skin, grey eyes, and a very short person I open the door all the way.
"What do you want?" I snap, looking at the one and only Skylar.
She rolls her pretty grey eyes at me. "I'm locked out. I saw your Tweet. So, I knew you were awake." I look at her. She followed me on Twitter? That was shocking.
"Yeah, so what? "
"The landlord can't come till 10. Can I stay here till then?" I looked at her, feeling even more shocked. Skylar, the cute girl who hated me, wanted to stay here.
If I wasn't so tired, I think I would have laughed. I step back holding the door, "Sure, come in". She walked in looking around, eyeing my kitchen counter that was carved in old bottles of beer and water and junk. Yeah, I know my apartment is a mess.
"Well, I'm going to bed," I say, walking to the bedroom. Have fun, hang out, then I think of something. I look back at her. "why were you locked out of your apartment?" She shrugs "I had to go help a friend get away from someone like you" she says with a mean smile, I roll my eyes and walk in the bedroom, I was letting her stay here did she have to throw that in my face and besides I'd never done anything to her or for that matter anything bad to any girl"
I lay down on my bed I fall asleep pretty quick. When I wake up, the sun is up, and I can tell little Miss Sunshine is still here. I look over at my alarm clock, 11:06 am. I get up and go out to the living room. Going straight to the coffee maker, and start it. I see Skylar asleep on the couch.
I go to take a shower while the coffee is brewing.
I'm still tired, but relieved that I don't have to work  tonight. I have the entire day to do nothing but sleep, and yeah, I needed to go shopping. I needed to go get some food and stuff, too.
After I shower, I go back out to the living room and kitchen Skylar awake now setting up rubbing her eyes yawning. I walk over to the cabinet and pulling down two mugs.
How do you like your coffee? She looks at me
"without the roofie I roll my eyes ,"ha ha hilarious" I mutter, did she really think that badly of me? "When's the landlord coming?"
"He was supposed to be here at 10, but you know how he is, " she says walking over to me taking the mug out of my hand I lean against the counter holding my mug looking at her.
"Want me to pick the lock? I ask,
"You know how? She looks confused
I smile a little, I'd lived in foster care for most of my life, being locked out of the house because your new parents didn't trust you with a key. I learned a lot of stuff, I shake my head not wanting to remember it right now.
"Yeah, I know how its easy" I grabbed the equipment I'll need and walk out of my apartment, over to her door getting on my knees. She walked up behind me, watching as I opened the door for her "This was nice, Skylar, let's not do it again," I say with a small smile.
She rolls her eyes at me, and walked in. "Thanks Nick"
" Welcome " I say back. She shuts the door in my face, how nice of her. I go back to my apartment.
I go to my bedroom.
I kick a pile of clothes out of the way.
Add laundry to my to-do list. I sigh so much for my day off.
I find a shirt that smells cleanish and a pair of old jeans that seem to be clean.
I grab my keys ready to go to the stores, as I open my Door I see a woman with black graying hair standing there holding a small pink bundle.
She was just about to knock her hand in the air ready to knock, she blinked looking at me shocked "Mr. Pule? Nick Pule? The woman asks, I nod leaning against the door frame. " We've been searching for you". She eyes me with discuss and dislike.
May I come in? Her voice is flat and filled with something like hate.
"Sure" "I was just going out, but I have time," I say stepping back to let her in. I look at her, wondering what she could want with me.
"Mr. Nick James Pule? She asks, I nod again, yeah that's me. She looks around my apartment again, eyeing the bottles on the counter. " Did you have an Ex girlfriend by the name of Mary Ann Arbor" she asks I think for a minute May Anna name had been Mary ann "Yeah, why? "I'm sorry to inform you that 3 weeks ago she was hit by a car and passed on". I looked at her, I'm sad to hear about May Ann passing,, but I didn't know why this woman would come to tell me that. We had gone out almost a year ago for a few months it had gotten pretty Sirius we'd pretty much moved in together
Then I didn't see her again I'd called, texted, done everything I could to try to get in touch with her again, but she never answered or responded. "She left a one-month-old daughter, and you're listed as the father" she holds up the small pink bundle, so I could look at the small face of a sleeping baby.
I felt a shock go through me. This couldn't be true? Could it?
______________________________________________chapter 2 yay tell me what you think Vote comment _Megan Rose Roach_
© all right reserved
Follow Nick on Twitter @100_and_a_day to see bonus Stuff! Maybe even some sneak peeks