meeting the parents part 1

I loved Sky. Not like I had loved Mary Ann's but in a new way that made my heart stop. Grace pulls at my hair again I should have gotten it cut some Time ago.
"Dada!"
"Mmhh?, I look at her " Grace don't pull Daddy's hair okay" I mudder only half paying attention. "Lookey!" She points at a bow that Has a snowflake on it
"Sure princess " I say as I look at the price and give the money to the girl. And sky puts the bow on Graces head.

***later that night***
I was putting Grace to bed a little early because tomorrow we'd be meeting Skyler parents and didn't want her to get sleepy.
"Daddy read me story??!" Grace asks wingeling around in her bed. I smile at her "baby girl its bedtime I read you a story now its time for sleep" I say tucking her in. "no dada story!" she yells "Grace bed " i say sternly this wasn't like Grace she didn't fight about bedtime she usely loved it. i retuck her in again. she looks at me with hunt in her eyes "dada? " she holds her arms up to me wanting me to pick her up. i look down at her and sigh as i pick her up. she knew how to push my buttons and it always worked. "dada no go " she whispers putting her head on my shoulder. shed been though a lot and i didn't want her to ever feel alone.
***skyler**
i wait for Nick in the living room as he puts Grace to bed I'm scared about tomorrow. i haven't told my parents about Nick and me getting back together or the fact he had a baby much less the he's a few year older then me. I'm setting on the couth in the living room watching the fire burn. its an hour before Nick comes out to join me. Grace most not have wanted to go to bed i could tell being in the cabin scared her when Nick wasn't around.
he smile at me putting his arm behind me on the couth I sunggle in to his side were just setting not saying anything and it feels nice just being here with him like this.
" we should start thinking about Christmas" Nick says looking at the fire.
i cant help but smile he said
we not he or him and Grace he said we. that made me feel happy.
"yeah we should" then i think of something. "isn't this your first Christmas with Grace?" he nods "its her first Christmas with me, last year they where still looking for me to give me Grace" he says looking down.
i bite my lip i know he's thinking of Graces mom now. he hadn't told me anything about her i don't even know who she was or is. Nick used to have so Many Girlfriends they come and went by the day some lasted a week but never more then that. i wonder why Graces mom always upset him to talk about? was she one of the weekers? or had she been before id moved in.
i sighs softy Nick gets up and puts a log on the fire it cracked and sent spanks up the chimney
"i think we should go get a tree tomorrow" i look at him and he smiles its still not real but at lest he's trying.
"what about when we go home?" He looks out back to the fire
i hadn't thought of that we would be leaving soon and Nick would probably want to spend it alone with Grace not that i could blame him.
he sets back down next to me and puts his arm around me pulling me close agent him. "as soon as we get home i think we should go get the biggest tree from the best tree lot we can found," he kisses the top of my head and i can tell this time he is smiling for real.
I smile to not because we're getting a tree but because he said we again. I look up just in time for our lips to meet
Nick prove next morning
i fix coffee as i get ready to meet Sky's family.
its a wale before Skyler wakes up and walks out to the kitchen she's already dressed and looks ready to go. i had only put on Jeans. i may sound like a girl but i couldn't pick a shirt. i wanted to make a good imprison on them. Sky smiles at me and blushes i bite my lip looking at her. "Good Morning" i say offering her a cup of coffee she smiles and takes it "thank you Nick" she goes and sets at the dining table to drink it. i Len agent the counter sipping mine i needed to go wake up Grace soon but for now i just wanted to spend time with Skyler. i go set next to her.
we start talking about today
Sky Takes a Deep breath "Nick my parents don't know we got back together or anything about Grace.."
I look down in my coffee. Was she ashamed of us? I knew her parents had given her an ultimatum dump me or they'd stop paying for her to go to school but I thought she'd talk to them about it and worked it out
"Do they know we're coming today? "
She bites her lower lip shaking her head no "I didn't know how to tell them "
I take a deep breath pinching the bridge of my nose
I was going to meet my girlfriends parents
They had no idea I was coming
They had no idea I was bringing a baby.
My girlfriend had told them none of this
"Sky maybe Me and Grace should stay here "
She grabs my arm "no please come with me, I want you to meet them"
I look in to her big gray eyes. I had to remember she was younger then me not by much and she didn't have to think about things like how they would react to her dating a Guy with a Baby or dating me I'd never had good luck with parents.
I sigh "fine but from now on give me a little more warning ? "
She smiles as I hear little feet running to us

***later that day***
i drive to the house Sky tells me to i look up at the big house Sky didn't tell me about this part. this had to be the biggest house id every seen in my life. It looked like something you'd see and gone with the wind big white with big columns holding up the porch i stop the car and get out getting Grace out.
Skyler walks over looking up at the house.
"ready?" she asks looking up at me i look at the house "yeah " i nod wishing I'd stayed at the cabin.
looking at the big house I felt even more sure Sky's parents wouldn't approve of Us.
Skyler takes my hand and i follow her up to the double doors. she knocks and a older woman answers the door. "Skyler!" The woman hugs Sky then looks at me and Grace. I see a small frown then she quickly covers it up with a fake smile "Who's this?"
Sky smiles at us "mom this is Nick and his daughter Grace"
Grace waves and I say "hi" the woman's eye waden a little
"H-how nice to meet you Nick I'm Alison Skyler's mother, do you go to school with her?" I hear a faint amount of Hope in her voice
"No I don't go to college " I can tell that's the wrong thing to say as soon as I say it.

****""********************************