26. No escape from reality

"Very early in my life it was too late." (Marguerite Duras, The Lover)

A/N: Very predictable punishment scene ahead. 

Punishment? Ashur wanted to punish him now?

Well, it didn't come as much of a surprise to Fayez. Ashur had already told him about important things in BDSM relationships such as safewords, punishments, or power play. Those things were equally promising and frightening.

He remembered their conversation very clearly. Only, at that time, he hadn't thought that the day would come when Ashur decided that his bratty mate needed to be punished. 

He had obviously understimated himself, for the day had come much sooner than expected. Clearly, he had potential. Being a brat was something he was good at. 

Maybe it could be a good career path for him? He should investigate about it. Make mama proud and all. 

"You - you want to punish me?" Fayez asked again, just to make sure Ashur was still in full possession of his faculties.

"I do" his mate quietly replied, his eyes trained on him.

"Ash, by any chance, did you use the word 'punishment' when you really meant 'reward'? " 

This second question was probably unecessary, as Fayez already knew the answer, but hope is what makes us live. 

"I did mean punishment as in punishment, Faye" Ashur simply responded.

He should probably stop asking all these stupid questions, and get it done with already. He was only delaying the inevitable, and pissing off the prefect some more. 

Truth was, he was feeling a bit anxious. Maybe, if he bought himself enough time, a meteorite would descend on the Institute for Supernatural Beings and kill them all. No Fayez + No Ashur = no punishment for Fayez. Yay. So lucky. Such a happy ending.

"I'm sorry I was rude to you" Fayez tried, in his most sincere tone, which, sadly, didn't sound very convincing.

No, scrap that - not convincing at all.

"You're not sorry yet, but you will be." Ashur assured him, with the confidence of a true King. He stepped forward, so that their chests were now almost touching, their breaths mingling.

Fayez gasped, but didn't attempt to take a step back. What would be the point? He knew he wouldn't be able to leave Ashur's office without getting his punishment first - whatever this punishment might entail.

"I won't call you dude ever again, I promise."

"Praise be" Ashur commented, his lips twitching, like he was trying his hardest not to smile. 

Damn, he already knew it, but Ashur was unyielding. The best he could do now was pray for the punishment not to be too painful. 

"Do you have a particular punishment in mind?" he asked, trying to appear bold, but sounding more like a mouse in distress. 

He had investigated about what punishments generally involved, and the results weren't very reassuring.

"Helmut, you've got a minute?" he had asked his trustworthy friend one evening.

"Depends, Faye. I'm pretty busy right now."

"You're always busy! It's like you're having a double life or something." Fayez had tried joking, but his offended tone had betrayed him.