Extra chapter: Feeling down

"Like a jar you housed infinite tenderness / And the infinite tenderness shattered you like a jar."  (Pablo Neruda)

A/N: Some of you have requested a scene where Ake plays the submissive for the others. I really liked the idea, so here it is... :3

Akhenaton was in a sour mood. 

He didn't want to be like that - so bitter, so angry all the time.

Too many things in this world annoyed him. There were too many dickheads, to begin with.

Why couldn't he be more like Zephyr? Zephyr was a pure ray of sunshine, and Akhenaton wasn't just thinking about his glamorous appearance.

 Zephyr was always enthusiastic about everything, especially when sex was involved. He was a lively little being, who had been sent to Earth to bring joy to his entourage.

Even when he had been on the verge of dying, the cheeky vampire had managed to throw a few jokes here and there and to act playfully around his mates - who, of course, had not been fooled in the slightest. 

Well, maybe wanting to be more like Zephyr was a bit unrealistic.

 Perhaps he could try to be more like Fayez or, as Ake liked to call him, the little brat.

Fayez was a tormented soul. Akhenaton, Ashur and Zephyr had known from the day they had met him. Without knowing the cause of his pain, they had figured out that only time and a lot of love would heal the naive vampire.

Yet, despite the darkness that he always seemed to be carrying, Fayez had a light within him.

He was still discovering the outside world, and he could never shut up about the colours, the smells and the noises it had to offer. It was kind of cute seeing him rambling excitedly about puppies, birds and flowers.

Yes, Fayez was a very endearing little brat. Akhenaton loved him from the deepest part of his soul, but he had to admit that they were nothing alike. Compared to this innocent vampire, Akhenaton felt very ancient.

There was no point hoping he could be more like Fayez either. 

What about Ashur, then? 

Just like Akhenaton, Ashur wasn't much of a talker. It was hard to get to know him, as he didn't like to share things about himself. 

It didn't come from a lack of confidence. Ashur was just too interested in others to hold the floor for too long. He had a very curious nature. That's why he spent so much time reading and listening to stories, that could seem boring to others. 

Ashur was never bored.

He often said that there were no such thing as uninteresting people or uninteresting things - there were only people who weren't interested enough in the first place.

Yet, despite his apparent quietness, Ashur wasn't a gloomy man. There was a warmth in him that draw you in, like a moth to a flame. 

You could feel it when you got close to him. The warmth manifested itself in his smile. His voice. His eyes. The way he adressed those he truly loved.

Akhenaton could never get enough of his mates, but sometimes he feared that they would eventually get bored of him. 

How could they not? What did Akhenaton has to offer? He was happy with them, but he was bad at expressing his love. 

Those who didn't know him believed he only had one mood: gloomy. What was the catch?

"Ake, my favorite Grumpy man! I have been looking for you!"