37. A Whole New World

"Just erotic. Nothing kinky. It's the difference between using a feather and using a chicken." (Terry Pratchett)

"So, you can now heal people with your hands?"

"That's what I said, yes." 

"Impressive. And you basically told your parents to fuck off?"

"That's a way to put it."

" You're very brave. Aaaand, most importantly, you finally had sex with Akhenaton?" she screamed.

"Shit! Lower your voice, Nassiba! People will hear us!"

He couldn't help but laugh at his friend's excitement, as the young woman looked at him with shining eyes and a mischievious smile. He really had the most perverted friends ever. 

"I swear, Nassiba, you're even worse than Helmut." he told her in a chastising manner. "I didn't know such a thing was possible." 

"Me? How comes?" she asked in feigned outrage. "I don't think there's a single living being on this planet who is more of a perv than Helmut. You're being very unfair right now, my good friend."

"I told you that I have a new power, and that I might not be seeing my parents ever again. Yet, what seems to interest you the most is my first time with my mate?" Fayez retorted, his voice incredulous.

Nassiba did look embarrassed for a second, but Fayez wasn't fooled. He knew his friend too well already. That woman was burning with curiosity, and she wouldn't let him go until he didn't give her the juicy details she was so fond of.

"Okay" she eventually declared, with an aggrieved sigh. "So, you're pretending that you can heal people? Show me."

"I know you want me to tell you about Ake, and not about my new power, Nassiba" Fayez snorted. 

"No, but seriously." she insisted. "Healing people sounds pretty cool."

"At least it's better than hurting them with my cursed hands." Fayez said with a grim expression on his face.

"I'm not sure" Nassiba objected. "If my hands were cursed, I would have used them to teach a good lesson to a few fuckers. You know, the ones who think they don't need consent to put their sticky hands on women's bodies."

Fayez had never thought about his hands like that. He supposed that, in a few occasions, his hands had been a blessing. Thanks to them, Zephyr was still alive. 

Mostly, though, they had proved to be a curse. They had made his life at his family castle a living hell, but now the curse was gone for good, or so he hoped. 

"Okay, so do you have a small cut or something somewhere, so I can show you?" he eventually asked her. 

"No, I don't think I do. It's been a while since I last had a proper training and..."

She frowned, looking like she was thinking hard. Then, her expression cleared, and she gave her friend a delighted smile.

 "Wait! Yes! I'm actually hurt, Faye! Reaaaaally hurt!"