29. In the name of love

"True love will triumph in the end—which may or may not be a lie, but if it is a lie, it's the most beautiful lie we have." (John Green)

A/N: Sorry for the delay, lovelies! Hope y'all still remember the plot lol. Faye is about to ask Zeph on a date, as he wants to be alone with his mate to try and heal him. Hope it rings a bell ;)

"So, ahem, do you want to spend some quality time with me?" Fayez shyly asked the blond vampire, who was currently twisting his lean body in impossible ways on the blue carpet.

Apparently, there was a name for that weird activity. Yoga. Zephyr claimed that there were many adepts like him around the world, but Fayez couldn't believe it.

Just why?

"What do you mean by quality time?" Zephyr asked, looking confused for a few seconds before his eyes widened. "Oooh, I think I know what you mean. Saints, Faye, I didn't know you were so naughty!" he added with a wide grin.

Fayez blushed and lightly hit his mate on his bicep.

"You're impossible, Zeph! Do you ever think about something else? That's not what I meant!"

"Ouch, Faye, have pity! You know, you're not supposed to hit a sick person. I'm fragile, I have to be handled with care" Zephyr complained, while adressing Fayez a devious smile that quite contradicted his words.

They remained silence for a minute or so, until Zephyr spoke again:

"So, what are you asking me exactly, sweet cheeks?"

"You know very well what I'm asking you!" Fayez snorted. "You're just pretending not to know in order to tease me further."

"Aw, you're growing up so quickly!" Zephyr sighed. "My little naive mate isn't so naive anymore."

"I wonder whose fault is that. It must be the result of being around you for so long" Fayez retorted, without any venom in his voice.

"Ouch x2. I have to admit that I'm way too good at corrupting innocent little lambs like you, though." Zephyr conceded, without looking the slightest bit ashamed about it.

Okay, Zeph really is a cheeky one, Fayez thought. I better stop beating around the bush, because he is enjoying this way too much. Plus, I don't have much time left, if I want for my plan to work. Time to be brave.

"Zephyr..." he started hesitantly.

"Yes, squirrel?" asked the man who was now in the "camel pose" - and still managed to look undeniably sexy.

How was he supposed to do this? There must be a proper way to ask his mate on a date, right?

Wait a minute. He now remembered his conversation with Helmut. His friend had told him everything he had to know about asking someone on a date, going as far as showing him extracts from popular romance movies.

Taking Zephyr's hand in his, he kneeled before the vampire, who was done with his yoga torture and was now looking at him with a startled expression.

(A/N: No, but yoga is great. Seriously. Try yoga. Okay, end of the propaganda)

"Zeph, you are my North, my South, my East and West. My working week and my Sunday rest *** I - ahem, I guess I sound lame right now, but it's true. I would be lost without you. You're the best vampire in the world, and I'm blessed to be your mate. Please, will you go on a date with me? I've brought you a ring and - crap, I forgot the goddamn ring! Why do I have to always fuck things up!" he exclaimed, feeling frustrated with himself.