Chapter Seven

Aziel sat in a chair by Madison's bed, his hand holding hers as he waited for her to wake up. Her shoulder blade had been almost shattered by the bullet, but the doctor said with a little therapy she would have full use of it again. He was also grateful that his brothers had taken care of the police since one of the teachers at Madison's school had reported Madison missing.

His head popped up from the bed as she started to stir, her eyes slowly fluttering open as he felt his eyes fill with tears as she finally looked at him. "Aziel?" She whispered, a smile moving over his face as he kissed her hand.

"It's me, baby. I'm here. I'm so sorry my love." He said as he rested his head on the bed, the guilt washing over him. He knew that Madison would never have been taken if he hadn't withheld the product and all this could've been avoided.

"I—love you." She whispered as her eyes fluttered shut, Aziel smiling as he held her hand and waited for her to fully awaken. After an hour and several visits from the nurses and Doctor, Madison was finally sitting up in bed, Aziel's heart racing as he still feared she would leave him.

"You look tired." She said in a weak voice as she sipped on her water, Aziel's shrugging his shoulders as he sat on the side of the bed, his eyes looking her over as he knew that every mark on her body was his fault.

"I am so sorry I got you tangled up in this mess, I will always regret it."

"I knew what I was getting into when I became your girl, Aziel. Do you think I didn't research the Sons of anarchy? I know that your life in the MC—"

"I quit. I gave up my patch and kutte and I'm no longer in the MC." His words shocked Madison as her mouth slowly dropped open, a part of her feeling almost relieved that he was no longer putting his life in danger.

"I thought you loved the MC."

"I love you more, baby. I don't care about all that bullshit and some patch. I almost lost you and I never want to feel that fear again, I never want to put your life in danger again. Madison you and my daughter are my entire life and I am so tired of losing those I love because of this MC." He said as he took her hands in his, his heart soaring as he couldn't believe how lucky he was to have found a woman like Madison.

***

TWO DAYS LATER

Aziel sat outside the courtroom as he waited to be called in, his heart racing as he had no idea why an emergency custody hearing had been called, but he was going to fight like hell to keep his daughter in his life. "What is this about Jessica?" He asked as his ex-wife walked in with her new scumbag boyfriend, a man who was clearly on drugs.

"You'll see." She said in a smug tone as they were finally called into the courtroom, Aziel nervous beyond measure as he ran his hand over his pulled-back hair, hoping that his black suit was still good enough for the court.

"Good afternoon, this is an emergency custody hearing to determine the paternity of the child Jasmine Marie Naihe." The judge said as Aziel felt his heart sink and his stomach grow a hard knot, his eyes shooting to Jessica as she ignored his gaze and continued to stare at the judge.

"I'm the father," Aziel said as his lawyer advised him to not speak since the judge wasn't very fond of him and his history with the sons of anarchy. Aziel had found it weird that he had been asked to give a sample of his DNA yesterday for this hearing and now he knew why his worst fear had been realized. His beautiful daughter might not truly be his. He sat there for what seemed like forever as they waited for the results to be brought down, his entire body feeling numb as he tried to stay positive.