Chapter Eight

Madison smirked as she picked up the black lace bra, her fingers moving over the fabric as she contemplated buying it. Her arm was finally healed, and she and Aziel could finally have a night alone, but she didn't know what time Aziel would get off work. Ever since leaving the MC, he had taken a job an hour away fixing motorcycles, his dream job.

"Can I help you with anything ma'am?" A sweet woman asked as she approached Madison, a blush going over her cheek as she shook her head no. She knew that Aziel liked and that was to see her completely naked, but she wanted to surprise him. A smile worked its way over her face as she saw the perfect outfit, a soft blue bra, and panty set with a matching garter belt and stockings. Madison bit her lip as she took it off the rack and imagined Aziel's face once he saw her, a blush moving over her cheeks as she hoped he wouldn't be too tired once he got home. She knew that most nights when he got home all he wanted to do was relax but she hoped a night of passionate sex would bring a smile back to his handsome face.

"Just this." She said as she handed the set to the cashier, her heart racing as she hoped that this would take his mind off things. Ever since he had found out that Jasmine wasn't truly his, he had fallen into a depression, her heartbreaking each time she gazed into his eyes. She knew that one day they would have a child, but in her heart, she wasn't ready to become a mother. When she was younger, she wasn't sure she wanted to be a mother, but meeting Aziel had changed her view on almost everything.

Madison smiled as her phone went off, the ringtone letting her know it was Aziel texting her a part of her hoping that he wasn't telling her that he was working overtime again. Her smile faded as the text wasn't what she was expecting.

Can you get home; I need to talk. Her heart sank as she grabbed the bag and receipt for her lingerie, her stomach sinking as she had never wanted to get the dreaded we need to talk text. She racked her brain trying to think if she had done or said something wrong in the last few weeks, but she was coming up blank.

The moment she pulled up in the driveway she noticed his bike was parked on the side, letting her know that he wasn't planning on staying. She left the bag in the car as she slowly walked up to the door, her entire body shaking when she finally walked inside. Seeing him sitting on the couch, his head in his hands made her heart sink even more.

"Aziel?"

"Please—let me talk. I love you and fuck I never thought I'd meet someone like you, especially not after my ex, but losing my daughter has destroyed me more than I thought it would. Madison, I love you but—I need a break. Right now, I am a mess and I just need to get away for a while and I need to be alone." He said as he took her hands in his, Madison feeling numb as her entire world seemed to crumble around her, his heart going out to him as she could hear the heartache in his voice.

"I can't say that I am happy about this, but I understand. You take as long as you need—I'll be here when you get back." She said as she cupped his face, Aziel wrapping his arms around her as he kissed her hard, the taste salty from their tears.

"I love you, Madison." He whispered as he quickly left her house, Madison breaking down as she held her face with her hands. She sat down on the couch and cried into her pillows, the sound of his Harley growing quieter in the distance let her know that this was real. Aziel was gone and she had no idea when she would see him again.

                                                                  ***

"Can I get you something honey?" Aziel's mom asked as he put his hand up in rejection, his body not in the mood for hot coffee. He had been in Florida for almost three weeks, one of the hardest times of his life. He hadn't talked to Madison since the day they broke up and even though he had desperately wanted to hear her voice, he couldn't bring himself to call her.