Chapter 81 - Haven Stiel (Hiatus)

HavenStiel

Completed; Not Edited

***

The door swung open with a rush. I looked up from the magazine and smirked as a woman wrapped her arms around Killian's neck. They started tearing at each other's clothes, but before they went too far I cleared my throat, bringing the soon-to-be-sex scene to a halt.

"Who the hell are you and what are you doing in my office?"

"Still a snot-nosed brat I see." I yawned as I flipped to the next page.

"Excuse me?" There was anger laced in his words.

"You heard me Killi." The nickname silenced him, and I knew it would. He hated the name, and I was the only one to use it.

"Mia..."

***

After following in her deceased father's footsteps and joining the United States Military, Mia Renee is about to transfer duty stations. She'll have 30 days to do whatever, and when her Uncles offers for her to stay with him, she jumps at the opportunity. Thought for her, it's much more than just a friendly visit with him. She'll finally be coming face to face with the man who was once her childhood best friend for the first time in years.

Following in his own father's footsteps, Killian Cross has changed his ways since taking over the family business. In his past, there was too much heartbreak, and he's been doing whatever he can to get over it. Women, money, drinking, and parties, anything to help him forget. But all of his hard work falls through the cracks when his childhood best friend suddenly comes barging back into his life.

Mia and Killian grew up together but ended up traveling down different paths. Now once again, they are living in the same world. The difference is that both are hiding dark secrets, and being around each other risks exposure for the both of them. 

Will their bond be their undoing, or will it be the saving grace neither of them knew they needed?

All Rights Reserved

This is a Must Read.

If you don't believe me, read it yourself.

Happy Reading.

Vote and Comment